[열하나] See the World Burn Part 2

The flames circled and licked the trees, consuming everything in sight. It was only a matter of minutes before the houses were up in smoke. The women were scrambling frantically to climb out, grabbing whatever they could. The flames leapt from one house to another swiftly, traveling across the bridges, hell-bent on destruction.

Netanya ordered everyone to get to the ground below and gather whatever weapons they could salvage. She knew this was arson and she had a feeling who was responsible.

The screams interrupted her thoughts. To her horror, she saw women aflame, leaping to the ground in agony. Others were desperately climbing down the ladders before those too caught on fire.

Netanya searched desperately for her granddaughter, trying to see if she made it out safely.

"Cindy!!" She cried out.

"Grandma!" A voice came from below. Netanya looked down and saw her granddaughter below, waving to her.

"GO! Get away from here!"

"Not until you climb down!" Cindy cried back. Netanya knew her granddaughter to be stubborn, but she couldn't just leave her women behind. She was the captain of this ship and if she had to go down with, she would.

"Netanya, please," Lauren told her. "You have to get down." She moved the woman to one of the last remaining ladders. "I can get everyone down and get some weapons." Netanya solemnly climbed down, looking up at Lauren who ran over the burning armory. Just as Netanya reached the ground, the house that held the weapons collapsed into a fiery heap.

"LAUREN!!" Netanya screamed, moving away from the flames and debris.

"We have to leave. It's not safe!" Cindy clung to her grandmother fearfully. Netanya could only watch with tears as the safe haven she built was devoured by greedy flames. Cindy led her away from the destruction, unable to hold back her anguish.

Elsewhere, Beatrice was already running away from the place that used to be her home. The glow from the flames provided enough light to guide her safely.

A pair of hands shoved her to a nearby tree roughly and hit her head against the trunk to knock her out.

She groaned as she went unconscious, not able to get a glimpse of her attacker. A man dressed in all black stood above her, a metal bat in his hand. He gripped it tightly with both hands, raising it up with full strength.

"I'm sorry it had to be this way," he whispered, not able to look at the woman. He wanted to spare her, but there was no door number four. This really was the only way to make this look like it was Negan's doing.

When Glenn returned to the car, he hid the backpack and bloody bat back under the carpet. He felt exhausted and wanted nothing more than to sleep. But he knew they had to get far away from here. He opened the driver's door and started the car, thinking Rosita was still asleep.

"Where have you been?!" Rosita's voice cut into the silence, startling him. He turned his head towards the back seat, only to be met with Rosita's fury.

"I woke up to find you missing! How do you think I felt waking up to see you gone?! Do you realize how scared I was?!" Glenn could only listen to her rant, feeling guilty and stupid for scaring her like this.

"I almost went looking for you!! I was about to when you suddenly showed up again! Where the hell were you?!" He didn't answer, infuriating her more.

"Glenn! What did you do?! Why... Why do you smell like smoke and blood?" Her voice started to quiver. "You just come back smelling like smoke... and there are stains on you... Oh, God. Glenn, what did you do?!" She started to sob. "Glenn... what have you done?"