Jongin

"Ahn, that's the spot. Keep going," you moaned. Jongin blushed profusely as he massaged your shoulders. You had asked him to ease out your tensed muscles and he had complied, though because he was new to your household, he hadn't realised that you would react this way.

All the other maids who were cleaning the living room where you now sat were tittering away at the embarrassment painted clearly on Jongin's cheeks. He continued to massage your shoulders, albeit a little quicker than before but you only sighed more loudly. Jongin couldn't stand it any longer and decided to speak up.

"Um, miss," He stopped moving his hands and you looked up languidly.

"Hmm, what?" You asked, sighing a little.

Jongin folded his hands behind his back, if only to hide his shaking, fidgeting fingers. "My lady, would you so care as to continue this in your room? You would be far more comfortable there than in here," he said, bowing his head a little to show respect.

"I guess," you shrugged and held out a hand for him to take. Jongin took your hand and helped you stand up from the recliner, then proceeded to lead you up the stairs to your private quarters – meaning, your own section of the large mansion that you lived in with various other members of your family.

***

Jongin had only recently been hired among others for the household and you had quickly taken a liking to him, requesting for him to be your own personal butler. Your father and mother had been a little sceptical about his abilities but relented to your pleadings as you were a daughter of one of the most respected nobles among nobles. Jongin had been delighted but obviously didn't say anything as he had to act accordingly to match the lady he served.

All of your friends gushed over the fact that you now had your own butler and respected (and envied) you more than before. Not that you already aren't. As your personal butler, Jongin accompanied you basically everywhere you went except of course, to the bathroom. That would just be violating a lady's privacy.

Normally, young ladies like yourself had a maid but you found every one of them a bore instead of as companions or friends in the mansion. All they did was clean, help you in and out of clothes, brought food, clean, and clean once again. You wanted someone to talk to, not some working robot. Jonging on the other hand could do all of those things and be your friend. Even if he was a little shy.

Now as he held your hand, leading you up the stairs, you peeked a glance over at him. You could see his concentrated expression on guiding you up stairs so that you didn't fall over wearing your heels, and mentally blushed at how well Jongin treated you, but then again, it could just be that it is his duty. You sighed and reached the door of your room; Jongin turned the handle and held it open for you with a bow before following you inside.

You sat down and gestured for him to come over and sit as well. He complied, though reluctantly, but you could see that he relaxed as soon as he sat down. You leaned back, placing an arm over your forehead and said, "How are the preparations for the Christmas Ball?"

"The decorations for the hall and the catering menus are completed. The staffs are currently setting up tables and chairs for the sit-down dinner and preparing the stage for the Christmas pantomimes," he informed you.

"You know you don't have to speak so stiffly. We are of similar age, you know. And besides, it's alright since we're behind closed doors. Not like someone is suddenly going to burst in here," you said with an impish grin.

Jongin rolled his eyes and did as you said, sitting more comfortably and crossed his legs. "I guess, though I'm just a year and half older than you," he mumbled.