Chapter 11: The Beautiful Surprise

*****Amythest*****

5 months later

"Amythest, come here.", Deshawn says. "Here I come.", I say walking into his at home office. I stand next to him as he is smoking a blunt. "I've heard about the Watchboys coming after people I hold near and dear to my heart so Imma need you to watch out and I'm getting you a bodyguard.", he says. "Hell nah, I don't need no fucking bodyguard. I can handle myself and if not I have a gun.", I say. "Not if you carrying my child and yeah I found it.", he says staring at me kinda looking hurt.

"I'm sorry I was gonna tell you but bringing it up isn't exactly the easiest thing. Plus you are busy enough with running everything I thought this would bother you.", I say. He stands up and wraps his arms around my waist bringing me closer to him.

"Amythest Bellaire Monroe I love you pregnant or not. I will also love the bundle of joy that comes out of you. How long have you been pregnant?", he says. "We last had sex like 4 months ago so 4 months.", I say. "Cool, so when do we find out if it's a boy or girl?", he asks. "Well I was gonna tell you yesterday but it's today.", I say.

"Wait for one you didn't tell me that and two you let me smoke a blunt around my pregnant girl?", he asks. "Nigga if you knew I was pregnant already then why in the hell would you smoke around me and your baby.", I say. "I just can't believe Imma be a father.", he says. I smile widely. "Well I better get to my appointment. Dennver is taking me. Then we have the gender reveal.", I say. "So you making me wait till the thing?", he asks. "Yes.", I say. "Okay baby.", he says.

I walk out to Dennver car. "Bitchhhh you look good with that damn pregnancy glow.", she says. "Thanks b.", I say. She drives off and I plug my phone into the aux cord. I play Nicki Minaj. "I'm looking for a nigga to give some babies. A handful of Weezy, sprinkle of Dave East.", we both rap.

We pull up to my gynecologist's office. We walk into the waiting room. "Hi we are here to see Dr. Magnolia.", I say to the receptionist. "Yes what is your name sweetheart?", she asks. "Amythest Monroe. Oh and is it ok that she comes with me?", I ask. "It's ok plus I wouldn't want your bestfriend sitting out here not knowing anything. Well have a seat and we will call you back in a few minutes.", she says. We go over to the seats.

"Oh my fucking God I'm more scared than a murderer awaiting trial.", I say. "Am it's fine regardless if you have a boy or girl you gon have a pretty ass baby.", Dennver says. "Amythest Monroe?", a nurse says. We both get up and follow the nurse. He takes me back to one of the rooms. "Dr. Magnolia will not be the one taking the ultrasound I will.", the nurse says. "Okay kay.", I say. He lifts up my shirt and puts that gel shit on my stomach. He then grabs a little wand thing and starts to spread the stuff around. He continues to do it while looking at the screen.

"Congrats ma'am you're having twins!", the nurse says. "Hold on hold on, did you just say twins?", I ask. "Yep two girls.", he says. "I can't wait to see Deshawn face after hearing that.", Dennver says laughing. "Shut the fuck up. So they are all girls?", I say. "Yes ma'am they are. Would you like copies of the ultrasound?", he says. "Uhm four please?", I ask. He prints off the copies and wipes the gel shit off my stomach. He hands them to us and we leave the office.

"Bitch yo pregnancy cravings gon be through the fucking roof with twins.", Dennver says when we get back to the car.

"We also need to go clothes shopping.", I say. "Well then where to first?", she asks. "Uhh Party City.", I say. She drives to Party City. We walk in and I find a worker. "Uhm excuse me do you have pink smoke bombs?", I ask. "Oh yes right down aisle 4.", the worker says. I grab two. "C'mon Dennver.", I yell. We leave Party City and head to the mall.

"Bitch I think this shirt will look sexy on you.", Dennver says holding up a blue off the shoulder top. "I was thinking the same for you with this.", I say holding up this yellow dress. "Let's get them.", she says. We walk to the cashier and pay for the clothes.

We get to my house after Dennver goes looking for shoes in 9 different fucking stores. This bitch does know I'm fucking pregnant right? Then she ended up buying nothing. "Deshawn nigga come here.", Dennver calls to him. He comes running out. "What you need short?", he asks. "What did I say about calling me that? I'm not even that short yo ass just fucking tall.", she says. "Aight y'all can argue later but let my pregnant ass sit down.", I say. They move aside and let me walk into the living room.

"Babes how you knocked up and you ain't even that big?", Amythest asks. "Dr. Magnolia said that not everyone's stomach gets huge when they have kids. She said some people literally go up maybe two sizes and that's as big as they're gonna get.", I say. "I seen pictures of my moms when she was pregnant with me and she was not obviously pregnant.", Deshawn says. "Oh well my moms got huge with me.", Dennver says. I don't think she realizes it but her accent is coming back and strong too.

"Dennver where is ya damn boyfriend?", I ask. "You know how Brittish and Christian on a vacation? Well it's a whole family thing and Lamonté is Christian cousin.", she says. "Oh yeah but didn't they come back like yesterday?", I ask. "I think so.", she says.

Just then the doorbell rings. I stand up to go answer the door. I open the door and see Brittish and Christian. They walk in. "Now y'all can walk the fuck back out and try that shit again.", I say. "Sorry Am we were tryna see how your hormones would be if we walked in without speaking.", Christian says.

"Bitch you mean to tell me you been fucking preggers this whole time and ain't tell me?", Brittish says. "Pretty much.", I say nonchalantly. "Some sister you are.", she says. "Girl bye my mama don't even know.", I say. "Am tell ya moms.", Deshawn says. "Nah I'm good. When ever we talk we get in a argument so she'll find out when the babies get here.", I say then realize what I said.

"Babies?!? Like you having more than one?", Deshawn asks. "See you fucked up on this one.", Dennver says. I stay quiet and Deshawn walks up to me. He sits down next to me and starts tickling me. "Stop.", I say while laughing. He stops and we go to our bedroom.

"Just tell me Am.", Deshawn says. "Ok. Surprise babe we're having twins.", I say. "Wait forreal? Now I'll have three people to love.", he says. "Yeah.", I say. We go back to the living room.

"Time for the gender reveal.", Dennver says. We walk outside and the smoke bombs are already set up. Christian is ready to record. "What do you want them to be?", I ask. "A girl and a boy so I can have someone take over after me and a babygirl that looks exactly like you.", Deshawn says. I peck his lips then we grab the smoke bombs.

"Closes y'all eyes.", Brittish says getting closer. I make sure Deshawn closes his and then I close mine. "Ok now y'all open.", Dennver says. I look at Deshawn and his eyes light up. "Two babygirls?!?", he says. He drops the smoke bomb and picks me up. "This woman is carrying my babygirls.", he says. He runs next door and knocks on the door. His dad open the door. "This woman is carrying my babygirls.", he says.

"Hold the fuck up son you didn't tell me you had a girlfriend.", Mr. Carter says. "Well I do and now I'm bout to be a father.", Deshawn says. "We need to talk.", his dad says. "Go back to the house.", Deshawn says. I go back to the house. I go our bedroom and lay down. I don't even know if Deshawn comes back because I am instantly out.