Chapter 12: Mom's Back

Three months later
"I'm not going no where with that nigga following me.", I yell. "Then I guess you not going no where today, but he is still staying.", Deshawn yells back. We arguing over this bodyguard he think I'm bout to have.

"Nigga what are you afraid of? I can handle my own.", I say. "Yeah you can handle you, but you are carrying my children.", Deshawn says. "Ok? If something happens I also have your dad next door.", I say. "My da- look I'm not arguing with you about him no more. I said you need a bodyguard, that's your bodyguard.", he says. I sit on the bed pouting. He pulls me up and holds me in his arms.

"It will be fine Amythest.", Deshawn says looking right at me. I swear this nigga can never be hard with me, but his fine ass is bout to make me weak. "If you say so.", I say mad. Deshawn smiles. I already know my lightskinned ass is blushing right now. He kisses me then leaves out. I stand in the mirror holding my stomach. "Y'all bigheaded ass daddy gon spoil y'all rotten.", I say smiling.

"Who the fuck is this nigga?", I hear come from the living room. I go down there to see Dennver talking to the dude and Brittish standing there. Oh great Deshawn ain't tell my aggressive ass little sister that I was getting a bodyguard. "He's my bo-", I am cut off by the dude. "I'm her new assistant, Elliot.", the dude says.

"What the fuck you need an assistant for?", Dennver asks. "For when the twins come you know. Deshawn always gone so I need someone to help me.", I say. "Oh, well why you choose Deshawn right hand man?", she asks. "I don't know. Why the hell are you asking so many questions?", I say.

"Well why ain't nobody tell me about this nigga? I coulda been walking around here naked.", Brittish says. "We done told yo ass about doing that.", I say. "Well you know your mom is home and she called me today.", Dennver says. "Why would she call you?", I ask. "To check in, you know see how things are and to find out Deshawn's address because she wants to come over.", Dennver says. "But you didn't give it to her, did you?", I ask. "Oh no, I gave it to Miss Cici.", Dennver says. "Dennver she's gonna come over and neither of them know I'm pregnant.", I say.

"You are 7 months pregnant and your own mother doesn't know?", Brittish asks. "Everyone knows me and her don't have the best relationship.", I say. "Well you better be ready to tell her cause they are almost here.", Dennver says. "Wait who is they?", I ask. "I don't know we'll see when they get here.", Dennver says.

"Does your assistant have to be here at this very moment?", Brittish asks. "Yes now play nice.", I say. "I won't.", Brittish says. I roll my eyes. The doorbell rings and Elliot goes to get it. They all come into the living room where we are. Ok so by we she meant my mom, Miss Cici, Jaelynn, and Anthony. "Oh my God I haven't seen you in so long.", Miss Cici says. I hug her. Then I hug my brother and cousin.

"Hi Mom.", I say. "Hi Amythest. This is a beautiful home.", she says. "Thank you.", I say. There is a moment of awkward silence. "Well do you have some news for us?", Anthony asks. "Whatsoever do you mean, dear brother?", I ask. "Oh come on, Amythest. You're showing.", Jaelynn says. "Well ok guys I'm pregnant. I'm having twins, two girls, and we are really happy about it.", I say.

"That's not the news I was talking about, but congratulations.", Anthony says. "What other news is there?", I ask. "Me idiot.", Brittish asks. "You are not news.", I say. "Fuck you.", she says. "Well guys this is our little sister Brittish. She's 15, a jerk, and we're pretty much used to her presence.", I say. "Wow another little sister.", Anthony says. "I'm better than her though.", Brittish says. "You a damn lie.", I say.

"So I'm gonna be a Uncle?", Anthony asks. "That's usually how that works.", I say. "Have you been taking your medication?", my mom asks. "What?", I ask. "The medication for your Bipolar Disorder?", my mom asks. "No and I've been fine without them.", I say. "Has she and Deshawn gotten into any fights?", Miss Cici asks. "Uh not that I've seen.", Dennver says.