Chapter:2

I went out and started my tractor up early in the morning. I plowed up the field and fixed my wheat. Then turned several heads onto it. I brushed every horse and cleaned my saddle and bridle. Then got out my prized horse.

I cleaned his hooves out and put a new set of shoes on him. Then practiced walking him around for livestock showing. Then put his shipping gear on him. Today is the last livestock show of the season.

I loaded him up and made sure he was secured in. His brushes and everything were already loaded up. I got into my truck and started for San Antonio.

Once there I parked next to a truck and trailer with four sixes on the sides. I got out and carefully unloaded my horse. I groomed him once more and made sure his hooves were clean before I put a hoof oil on to keep his hooves in tact.

Then took the shipping boots off and led him around. He was frisky as a colt. I led him around once more before checking in.

The person gave me a number and I put it on my horse. Then led him to a place. I gave him water before going to watch the cattle. One had four sixes on its flank vertically.

The guy looked like someone I've seen before. Once the cattle was over they announced horses were next. I brushed Caliber's mane and tail then his coat before checking his hooves one last time.

I led him around once more before we had to line up. The same guy with a horse was in front of me. I accidentally dropped the lead waiting for him to turn around.

Caliber nudged me and I grabbed the lead. The guy turned to look at the horse. I hope that's not. That is Riley. I moved to the other side of Caliber hoping he didn't see me.

Too late he moved to the other side of his horse. "Thought I saw you earlier while showing cattle." He said. I kept quiet. There's too many men around.

Caliber nudged me back and stood between us. I pushed him back into line. He snorted leaving me be. I petted him before watching Riley lead his horse around the ring.

After his horse was out they cued me in. I led Caliber around he strutted like he knew what he was doing. Once we were in front of the judges I had him square up and stood back.

The judges took note of him before dismissing. I led him out before dropping the lead. He still followed. Once we got to the stall area I stopped beside Caliber. I rubbed his neck and ruffled his mane. Then took his halter off.

He shook before we continued to walk. I filled his water up and let him drink. "Wow how did you teach him how to follow?" I looked up from my horse seeing Riley with his.

"I raised him. He's like a puppy that thinks he has to go with me everywhere." I told him. He came up and stroked Caliber. My horse moved closer to me.

"He's kinda like me. Doesn't take well to men but will tolerate them when have to." I said. "It's no problem. Roughstock here doesn't like showing but has to tolerate it." He said. "Same here." He mumbled.

I walked back to the area with Caliber trailing. It was late into the night when I went to the motel room. I got a quick shower and got into bed. Then fell asleep quickly afterwards.

I got up the next morning and got dressed quickly before getting breakfast and going back to give Caliber his breakfast. I brushed him down while he ate. "Morning person I see." I turned seeing Riley walking this way.

He gave his horse a pat before feeding and watering him. I looked over at his horse. The horse looked annoyed. Then a man sauntered up. "Hello honey. What's a beautiful thing like you doing here?" He said leaning on the stock panel.

"Showing my stallion that has more balls than you'll ever have." I told him calmly. I picked up a brush looking busy. "Well I don't think he has enough guts to take you out on a date then go do something even more fun afterwards." The guy said.

"Actually he does. And he can get into places you can't." I told him. The smirk on his face dropped. "How about I show you a good time that you won't forget." He said.

I threw the brush behind me. Hearing a groan I knew I hit him good. I picked up the hoof pick. "Why?" He asked. "Oh I'm sorry did you want the hoof pick?" I asked. He got up quickly and walked away.

"Not worth my time anyway." I heard him say. I giggled and finished cleaning Caliber's hooves before leading him around. "So do you get your kicks hurting guys in the groin?" Riley asked coming up beside me.

"Not really. I wasn't even aiming for that general area." I told him most of it true. "So basically you hate it when guys hit on you." He said. "Pretty much. That's how my first and only boyfriend got a hold of me. Flirting doesn't work on me anymore." I said.

The both of us made it in the final three. I got second place to this other guy and Riley got third. I quickly packed up and loaded my horse. Then took off to Dumont.

Once I got home I unloaded Caliber and turned him out. Then checked on my weanlings. Mostly colts with a few fillies mixed in. All sired by Caliber.

I fed my animals and went into my house. Then logged into my Facebook. I had a friend request, from Riley. He must have found my profile. Most of the posts were from senior year of high school.

That was the worst year of my life.