Chapter:11

After I showed the colt it was time for my stallion! All of my horses lead me around like Barrow does. They are my eyes when Barrow can't be. I scratched Caliber's forehead Barrow was in the trailer resting after leading me around before the horses.

Cal led me back to the ring. I trusted him with my life. Maybe once we get back home we'll go on a ride through a pasture with Riley. Once there Riley brushed his hand against mine. I turned to face him. "Your the first one this time. Go out there and show them you know what your doing." He said before kissing my cheek.

Cal led me over to the gate. The last colt and person exited. "Stallions?" A male voice said. I nodded. "Take a few steps over in front of the gate please." He said. Cal moved me a few steps to stand in front of the gate.

"Go on." The guy said. Cal led me around the ring making sure to stay in step with me making it look like I was leading him. Once in front of the judges booth we stopped. I knew he was squared up as I stepped away.

They dismissed me and Cal led me out. "You did better than the other ones." Riley told me once we were back at the trailer. He led Cal into the trailer and loaded the rest up.

Once it was over I won with all the horses, then the cow and calf pair won as well as the heifer. Barrow was put in the back seat after Riley helped me into the front seat. "Would you like to tell me now what happened between you and him?" Riley asked. 

I took a deep breath before saying everything. "I dated for most of the last year of high school. Prom came around and he asked me to be his date. I said yes not thinking or having any worries on my mind. So I went picked out a dress. Showed him the color. He got a tie to match the color and to go with the suite he was going to wear.

"The night went well until I told him I was tired and wanted to go home. We walked out into the parking lot. He suddenly shoved me against his vehicle. Then said that I embarrassed him in front of his buddies for not wanting to stay any longer. He then pressed his body against me and proceeded to lift the skirt of my dress up. I knew what he was about to do because the year before he did it to one of the other girls in my class. While he was distracted with his belt I pulled out the pocket knife I usually keep on me and once he finally was about to do it." I stopped before I said any more. 

Riley pulled me close to him. "You don't have to say anymore. I understand what you did. In my opinion I think you did the wrong thing even if it was out of self defense. I'm not getting onto you about it. There were several other options he could have even went about this. I'm more that glad you weren't hurt when he did this. What you did to him was consequence enough. If he tries anything else with you let me know ok?" He asked. 

I nodded. He kissed my forehead. "Come on lets go get something to eat." He said. We got into the truck. "What time of day is it?" I asked him. "Evening. Close to seven." He replied before I heard the truck start up. He knew I couldn't tell what time of day it was. I could feel the truck start moving before it stopped again. Then it continued. Once the truck finally stopped I heard it being put in park.

The door on his side opened then closed. The door behind me opened and I heard Barrow get out. My door was opened lastly. I unbuckled before sliding out. I felt Riley's hand on mine as he gave me Barrow. He put his arm around me and started walking. Barrow led me beside him the whole way. I stepped on what I thought was the threshold  of an exterior door. I pushed my sunglasses up higher on my nose. "Reservation for Bradford." Riley said next to me. 

"Right this way sir." A female voice said. Barrow started forward. I let him lead me to wherever this place was. Riley took my hand and led me to a seat. He showed me where to sit and pushed the chair up to the table. He then gave Barrow a command and I felt Barrow lay down at my feet. Some thing was placed in front of me. "The appetizer before the meal." A male voice said. Oh how I wish I could see everything. 

After dinner Riley put Barrow up then helped me in. Once I heard his door close it was silent. "Beck?" The way he just said my nickname made my knees go weak. "Yeah?" I asked. "I know you can't really see me and all, but every time I'm around you I get this glow on my face that no one else can make me have. Every time I'm around you I get butterflies in my stomach. I wish you could see how I see you at the moment and that you could see my face.

"Um. I know that you may not say yes or anything at first, but would you like to be my girlfriend?" 

*************************************************************

Hey guys sorry for the long wait.

I will be trying to post at least once a week on this book until its finished. Thank you all who kept this book in their library during the long time without updates. You're all amazing. I've been writing this on a computer for the past week so I hope you enjoy the rest of the book!

Once again check out the original creator of the character Riley; hoofprintson02 she inspired me to keep writing and to finish books that I start.