Chapter:4

I saw small hooves. "Seriously a snowy night? Blizzard you've got to stop this." I said. I exited and got dry towels and a tail wrap. Then went back. Once the foal was out I started drying it off right away.

It was standing right away. Blizzard its mother and pale white, was up watching her foal. I left a towel draped on it. She sniffed it. I opened the small pen up more. Caliber was near the foal while Blizzard was right beside it.

"Then theirs always that one mare that loves to foal in conditions like this." I said exiting the pen. A few seconds later it came into view. "Man. That's a beauty." Riley said.

"Meaning I'd have to get them settled as quickly as possible without it getting hurt." I told him. The wind howled outside. "Let's get back to the house and get warmed up." I said.

He followed. I closed the barn up and went in the house. I warmed the food up and gave him a bowl. We both warmed up. "First snow of the year and had to be the worst." I said curling up in a blanket.

Dumont homestead Riley

It wasn't supposed to get bad until after I got back to the ranch. Guess I'm snowed in here. I'm not even going to push her to do anything.

It took me a while trying to figure out where she lived. Some guy at the feed store warned me that she loved cutting guys balls off once I found out where she lived.

I honestly didn't believe him. Seeing how passionate she is about her horses is what we need. Just watching she knows what she wants and needs. Seeing her curled up in a blanket trying to get warm from being out there is making me want to do something to keep her warm.

I started a fire in the fireplace and made sure the flue was open. She was a little warmer. I went over to her. "Would you like the chair by the fireplace?" I asked her.

She looked up at me and curled up in the blanket tighter. I left her be and sat on the couch near the fire. It didn't take long before the living room was warmed up.

She got up and moved to the chair sticking her socked feet over the side of the armrest keeping her feet pointed at the fire. She sighed warming up. The lights flickered before going out. The only light was from the fireplace.

Dumont homestead Becky

Once the lights went out I took the time to look at Riley without him actually knowing. He had stubble now noticeable on his face. His eyes against the light of the fire were beautiful.

I watched as the fire dance across his face. He was handsome. I could tell he was trying not to get on my nerves like most guys do. I laid back and fell asleep.

Several times in the night I heard Riley putting wood on the fire and stroking it trying to keep it hot. I was starting to get cold again. I got up seeing Riley laying out on the couch.

Usually I don't do this but I'm freezing and he doesn't have a blanket. I got on the couch and he pulled me close to him after I covered us both up. I rolled over putting my head on his chest. He was still warm.

I fell back asleep hoping I didn't fall off the couch.

I woke up pressed against the back of the couch between it and Riley. Then I remembered why. The power went out then later in the night I got cold and decided to move to the couch and he pulled me against him.

I looked at the fire it was still blazing. Then curled back up between him and the couch. My phone rang from across the living room. I used the back of the couch to get up and over him before going over to see who it was.

How does my ex still have my number? I turned it off and pulled my boots, coat, hat, and gloves on. Then stepped outside. The snow wasn't that high least six inches. The roads are ice but their going to be until we reach the main road and possibly until we reach the highway.

I fed the horses and put chains on both of my trailers. I carefully backed my truck up and hooked my two horse trailer up. I heard the front door shut then saw Riley.

"Heading out already?" He asked coming over. "There's another one blowing in. I'd take my semi for the cattle but don't have anyone to drive it." I said. "So they'd be fine?" He asked.

"At the moment until I can come back for them." I said. He quickly backed his truck up and hooked the twelve hauler gooseneck up. He helped me load them up including the foal. A few still remained.

Once they were loaded and secured in. I put all of my tack and gear in the bed for weight on my truck. "Start off and I'll be right behind you." I said after we both got something warm to drink.

He led the way slowly along the road. Once on the highway we picked up speed. Once at the ranch he helped me unload them and get them settled in the stable.

"You can ride with me back to get the cattle loaded up." Riley said as we finished giving these water. I nodded. We went back with an empty trailer for the rest of the horses.

Once there I put chains on the wheels and had the gelding round them into the stock hauler. Once the last cow was in I loaded the gelding with them, closed the door and locked it up.

I got into the still running semi truck and put it in gear. It lurched forward as I started rolling out. I stopped by my house and got enough clothes for two weeks before continuing.

Thank you hoofprintson02 for letting me write this!! I love your books.

All those reading this book I would like you to check out her books. Their amazing!!!!