Prologue

The Prologue

Neon. The world of magicians, whom have existed for millinillions of years. In the beginning, there was a conflict—a rebellion—from an entity against the First Ruler of the Magician World. While preparations for the kingdom's Eight Great Families were still amidst, one magician struck against the entity, who loathed the idea of a female ruler. The same magician won with a single strike of his sword and became the First King of Neon. Yet, it took millinillions of years for children to be born and another entity placed curses on many of the magicians, which also ended the life of the Second Generation Princess and her Prince once their second child was born.

Then, in 2007, the magicians' situation became dire due to the curses, as well as the revival of the entities. Some of the magicians were in conflict with the recent past involving the daughter of the entities, who was hell-bent on the destruction of Neon. They enlisted to help of the notorious band of thieves, the Black Foxes, and at the same time helped them. To a fault, the entities underestimated that destroying Neon would also destroy the entire universe. Their aim was pointless, but the Human World changed forever because of their desire for revenge. Earth's geography was much smaller, but the magicians and their human allies succeeded in ending an ancient conflict with the destruction of those three entities.

Twenty years have passed since the universe was saved, and the Fourth Generation Prince of Neon was born in 2008. And so, the current year was 2028. The date was Saturday, February 5th. Inside an event hall, a spontaneous wedding was being held. Camera flashes added to the lighting. Reporters and celebrities were gathered around for this one event.

"We are here to record a magnificent event that will go down in the history of the entertainment industry," a reporter announced. "Tonight, the wedding of Kazuma Honda and Rui Uramoto is taking place! That's right, everyone! Kazuma Honda, as in the leader of the most popular boy band in the country, Wave! His bride and soon-to-be-wife Rui Uramoto is the daughter of Takuji Uramoto, the former CEO of Rapunzel's editing department, and she's a fabulous, attractive magician!"

Another reporter nodded. "Rapunzel is also the elder sister to Cinderella's editing department, and both are located in Roppongi. To think this will be the first time for a human male celebrity and a female magician to wed is incredible!"

The stars of the wedding appeared shortly after. Members of Wave and their agency, Star Promotion, arrived. Kazuma wore a black tuxedo and a silver sand tie. Rui had long, Russian violet hair reaching down to the middle of her thighs, and vivid burgundy eyes. She was a hundred sixty-one centimeters tall, which was four centimeters less than Kazuma's height.1 The dress she wore was a rainbow-colored one with thin, spaghetti straps and had a cute curved cut over her chest to resemble the top of a heart; the dress reached down to her feet and was marvelous in sight while Rui stood on her groom's left side.

The president of Star Promotion came forward to give a message. "Thank you all for coming. This is also the first time for the agency to approve of one of our talents to marry and at a young age. Kazuma's recently become a full-fledged adult this past month, so it is a pleasure to have our employees with us to celebrate."

Kazuma bowed. "Thank you, President and everyone. I'm truly grateful for this wonderful audience. It reminds me of a concert instead of a wedding party."

The reporters and celebrities who weren't part of Star Promotion laughed.

Rui said, "My dad and mom actually had a wedding party years ago when they got married. They aren't here to attend to our own wedding, but it doesn't mean they don't love their daughter. My dad may feel crushed of whom I love and that's alright. He's still the same Takuji Uramoto no matter how he is."

While the crowd was speechless—flabbergasted at what they heard about the great CEO of the past, there was one person in the back who applauded. That person smiled wholeheartedly at the magician. None other was it the prince of the financial world, Satsuki Kitaoji. For someone who was fifty-five years old and would turn fifty-six in a few months, he had not aged at all. Neither had the other celebrities near him. There was his younger brother and actor, Yuzuki Kitaoji, on his right. On Satsuki's left side was the cosmetic surgeon, Chihaya Koda. Some of the former group he had with him almost twenty-one years ago had gotten married, or were currently outside of Japan to concentrate on their careers. With the exception of Yuzuki, who was married, but his wife was unable to attend.

Several people gasped.

"...It's Satsuki Kitaoji!" a man exclaimed.

A woman blinked in astonishment. "Yuzuki Kitaoji is with him!"

"Chihaya Koda's presence here marks a triple threat to ours," a different man breathed.

The president of Star Promotion bowed. "Welcome and thank you again2 for making time to be here, Mr. Kitaoji. Yuzuki and Mr. Koda, as well."

Chihaya gave an eye smile. "Oh, don't mind us. We're here to see Takuji and Asuka's little lady's big day."

Yuzuki stared nonchalantly. "Yo, brat. You won't be an Uramoto for long, so don't leave us hanging."

Satsuki kept smiling. "Pardon my younger brother's way of seeing you off, Rui. However, that wedding dress suits you well."

Chihaya nodded. "Indeed. Quite lovely. You're a gorgeous hit with the Human World."

"...I see," Rui said.

The crowd added in a piece of laughter. "Ahaha..."

Soon enough, Kazuma and Rui exchanged the rings they had held onto in their closed right hands. Everyone applauded with overflowing happiness for the newlyweds, something they could not help but feel. There were no needs for vows, especially not for magicians. Plus, it was also one of those rare moments when Star Promotion's president had a softness in his eyes. He sincerely seemed to cherish Kazuma, perhaps because the young husband was the leader of his most successful project in the agency. Then again, the leader of Wave was also responsible and mature. He guided his bandmates and took it upon himself to do what was required of him as the oldest member of the idol group. Kazuma was a man, but also a celebrity through and through. At the very least, that night was a blend of both fame and love in one unified place.

♡💓♡

1) I'm referring to Kazuma's height from the fan book, which is more accurate than what the Japanese Wikipedia provides. Therefore, Kazuma's actual height is 165 centimeters.

2) Satsuki, Yuzuki, and Chihaya from Seduced in the Sleepless City were there all along in attendance of Rui and Kazuma's wedding; albeit, they were offscreen until I wrote them in.