Chapter Four (Edited)

Alice on the side

°•°•

When Grayson and I walked back into the house everything seemed pretty normal. Mason, Ryant, and Lucifer were all playing Call of Duty while Alice sat comfortable next to Lucifer with her legs spread across him as she scrolled through her phone. 

When the door close behind us they all looked at us for a second but the boys went back to playing the game and Alice went back to scrolling through instagram. "How was the date", Alice smirked. "It wasn't a date", I said heaving an annoyed sigh. "Could've fooled me. I though beating the shit out of people was the best first date ever", Grayson smirked.

"You what", asked Ryant pausing the game. "We may or may not have seen Lilly and Amber at the diner. You know, the one we use to go to as kids? And I may or may not have choked them and threatened to beat their asses and throw them in the dungeons if they ever bullied me again. Oh, and Grayson punched Aaron for hitting on me", I said with a smile.

 It may be weird that I was happy to cause them pain, but they deserved it and probably more.

"So you admit he was checking you out", Grayson smirked at me. I simply rolled my eyes but couldn't help the little spark that ran through me and the small smile I grew as his hand touched my lower back where the hoodie didn't really cover.

I didn't really flinch this time.

"That's amazing Raven! It was about time you show those jack asses just who they were messing with", Mason smiled proudly. He's a lot like the second brother i never asked for but am some what happy I got.

"We should totally celebrate. We should go shopping at the mall tomorrow. Get you a bad ass wardrobe to match that new bad ass personality of yours", Alice said jumping up in excitement. "A mall? You mean where the boys hit on girls constantly", asked Lucifer with dark eyes. Wow, the thought alone pissed him off. 

"Not all malls are-", Alice began.

"Yes they are", all the boys said in unison. "If you're so protective then why don't you just come with us? Or would that invalidate your man card", I said smirking to Grayson.

"You won't be questioning my man card when I have you moaning my name underneath me as I-", Grayson said huskily as he pulled me tight against his body. "Dude! She's still my sister. That's gross", Ryant exclaimed. My body began to heat up, mostly my cheeks, as I imagined the scene of us in bed together. 

"Couldn't help it. She looks so cute when she blushes", Grayson smirked down at me. I looked up at him as I pushed myself away from him. "Are you coming tomorrow or not", I said rolling my eyes. "We'll come", Lucifer nodded.

~~~

Later that night I sat in my bed comfortably as I was reading a book. It was one of those cheesy teen romance books, the ones I hate to admit I love to read. The lamp on my nightstand was my only source of light as the words of the book took me to another world. A world where I didn't have to worry about anything. No ex-mate, no new mate, no magical abilities. Just a story of a sweet nerdy girl falling for a criminal bad boy.

That is, until my bedroom door cracked open and I glanced from the corner of my eye to see Grayson slowly come in. "Hey", he whispered. "Shouldn't you be asleep", I asked looking back at the book. "Shouldn't you", he shot back. I sighed and accepted the fact that I surely wouldn't be able to read with Grayson here. I put my cute little blue magnet book mark on the page and closed it.

I looked up at Grayson and couldn't help but stare at him. He stood in front of my now closed bedroom door wearing nothing but black sweats that hung dangerously low and an old Beatles shirt. His biceps and forearms were sexily defined and if there was a pool of drool under me I really wouldn't be surprised.