Chapter Eleven

The next day at the ass crack off dawn I stood in the middle of a huge clearing near the pack house with work out clothes on and practically half asleep still.

"Remind me why we're out here again", I asked after letting out a yawn.

"Because I said I would train you and I keep my word. Now look around you Raven, what do you see", Grayson said a foot or two away from me. He wore basketball shorts and no shirt and if i weren't so tired i might've taken the time to drool over him.

"You're joking, right? We're in a forest, i see all the things you usually find in a forest", I grumbled.

"You need to look deeper than that little Raven bird", Grayson chuckled. Who can be so cheerful at 6 in the morning. Does he even need sleep?

"How deep? What's next Mr. Miyaki, wipe on wipe off", I smirked. Grayson simply rolled his eyes at me.

"You just need to lose yourself for a minute. Tell me about the first time you discovered your powers", Grayson explained.

I closed my eyes and thought about the memory.

The pads of my feet touched the rich soil of the woods as I willed myself to go faster. My own bubbly laugh filled the air as I felt Ryant's presence as he chased me. "You're slow Raven, you know I'm gonna catch you", he yelled out and laughed evilly.

"Never", I yelled back jumping over a log.

I picked up the pace even more enjoying the feeling of my curly brown hair whipping through the wind. The trees blurred around me and it almost felt like flying.

"Raven slow down, we're nearing the edge of the territory", Ryant called out in a worried voice.

But I was too far gone. I was having too much fun to pay attention to anything.

"Nice trying Ry, there's no way I'm letting you catch me", I yelled before laughing again.

But all the fun stopped when a man in dirty clothes came out from behind a tree in front of me.

I skidded to a halt and looked at the man warily. He smelled like garbage. And he definitely didn't look like anyone from the pack. "Hey there little one, where you off to", he asked in a hoarse voice. "I don't think i should be telling you", I mumbled. All of a sudden I was pushed back behind Ryant who was guarding me while growling.

"Stay away from her and get off our territory rouge", 14 year old Ryant seethed.

"Young pups, always think they know everything. Dont you know mutt, you're on free territory now", the man said harshly.

My blood ran cold as i held onto Ryant's arm tightly. We were off pack land, which meant we were in danger. And even if we did make it home safely dad would surely kill us. I couldn't count how many times hes warned us about going too close to the edge of our territory.

"Raven, you need to run back home. Go get dad, he's the Alpha", Ryant's said calmly. Wait... What? He wants me to leave him?

"I'm not leaving you behind Ry", I said confidently. Though honestly i was scared for not only my life but my twin's as well. But I rather be in pain by his side than to leave him behind to suffer by himself.

"An Alpha's son and daughter ripe for the kill, this is gonna be fun", the guy said before launching towards us. Without truly thinking on it I stepped in front of Ryant and shot my hand out.

Some sort of fire ball shot from my hand and landed right on the man's face.

Ryant and I stood in shock and watched the rouge grasp for his face as his head continued to burn and he continued to yell in scream in pain. The rogue fell to the ground as his yells and screams turned into gurgling noises. Ryant then hesitantly put his hand out and water came slithering from a medium sized puddle and towards the man, extinguishing the fire. His face was burned so horribly, I turned my head into Ryant's shoulder so I wouldn't have to look. Ryant put an arm around me but didn't look away. Moments after that I heard as his breathing stopped all together.