Chapter Ten (Edited)

"What?"

"I can't stay in the same room with you Gray", I say keeping calm.

I felt horrible but if I'm gonna live here I want to be comfortable. I don't want to rush things just because we know we are fated to be together.

"I- why not? Did I do or say- ", he began as he walked towards me. It broke my heart to see the hurt in his beautiful blue eyes, but we had to set some kind of boundary.

I met him half way and caressed his cheek, letting my fingers graze the light stubble on his chin. "Of course not. I just... I think we should start off slow. We know we'll stay together, why rush", I shrugged trying to smile. 

"It's more than that, you aren't telling me something", he said staring straight into my very soul.
"Can't you just trust me and respect my decision", I asked stepping back and removing my hand.

I didn't like how he could read me so easily.

"Like you trusted me with the details of your rejection", he asked sarcastically folding his arms.

Whoa, he did not just go there.

"I didn't trust anyone with that Grayson! You think I wanted to brag about being rejected then being beating up and thrown around like a rag doll!? I am the god damn daughter of an Alpha! I would've been humiliated for the rest of my life, I would have humiliated my family and my blood line! Now that everyone knows I probably already have", I yelled.

Well there goes acting calm.

"You were suppose to trust me with that information Raven! What did you think i would do, laugh? For fucks sake, I'm your mate! I'm suppose to take care of you, to protect you from any and everything, that's my job! Its not like I'm asking that we have sex tonight, I just want to enjoy being able to hold you while I sleep. Is that really so bad? Why do you always feel like you have to hide shit from me? I don't know what in the hell I have to do to get you to trust me Raven! You know what happens to Lunas or an Alpha's mate when they keep secrets, when they aren't safely protected? They die Raven! They are kidnapped, killed, and most of the time raped! I would rather die then let that happen to you, so you better learn to trust me", he yelled angrily with his eyes close to black and his chest rising up and down quickly.

"So now I'm just to suppose to give you all my trust willingly? Trust is earned Grayson, not given. I trusted Gavin and look where that fucking got me. I barely survived one rejection, I will DIE if I'm rejected again. This whole time I've just been waiting, waiting for you to see what Gavin saw in me. What made him reject me. But now I'm here in a new pack and its scary Grayson. Its terrifying because a part of me still thinks you could leave. You want us to move quickly and mate by next week because that's what most werewolves do, but I'm not ready for all that! Moving too fast was part of the same problem I had with Gavin. If we're having the same argument... maybe you and him aren't so different after all. So how about I find another room and you can come talk to me once you've pulled your head out your ass", I said before grabbing my things and heading for the door.

"I am nothing like Gavin", Grayson said lowly with clenched teeth. His eyes were switching from blue to black. I watched waiting for one side to win and thankfully it was the blue. He then proceeded to take a deep breath as he rakes his fingers through his hair.

"The door across from mine, that room is empty. If you're not gonna sleep in my room at least sleep in there, it's just like this one. That will ease my wolf", he said softly, but I could still hear the disappointment in his steely voice.

"Fine."

I took all my things (which was really hard) and moved to the room across from Grayson's.