The Guy

"Emilia, did you have fun?" My dad asked. "Yeah, I made out with some guy at the boardwalk." My dad's eyes went wide. "Are you serious?!" I laughed. "No dad, I'm kidding." He didn't find it so funny. "Yeah, I had fun, but I did meet some people." He rolled his eyes. "I told you not to talk to anyone." I scoffed. "Well if we're living here, I'm gonna make some friends." He sighed. "Fine, but they better not be boys." I laughed. "Well that's a shame, because they are." He sighed again. "What's they're names at least." I chuckled. "Alan and Edgar Frog." He nodded. "So, they're brothers." I nodded.
     Once we got home, I laid on the couch and fell asleep. I wasn't really a fan of staying up to late. I started to think about the Frog brothers. I wondered if they let me work there with them. My mom told me once we got settled in that I should get a job. She wanted me to wait until we were done moving so I could bring in all the boxes, but I rather work then help them. I was sure it would be the same at the comic store anyway. Maybe the Frog brothers needed help there.
     The next morning, I got dressed. I put on a sleeveless rock and roll shirt, ripped shorts and black combat boot. I put my hair into a ponytail, I brushed my teeth and went to the boardwalk. If my parents needed me they would call me.
   I wasn't sure when the comic store would be open so I walked around a little bit. Around eleven most of the store started to open. So I ran to the comic store to find Edgar standing outside of it. He was looking at the floor. "Hey Edgar." He looked at me. "Emilia right?" I nodded. "Where's Alan?" He pointed his head to Alan's direction. I walked over to Alan. "Hey, what's wrong with Edgar?" He shrugged his shoulders. "I'm not really sure." I felt bad. "Should I talk to him?" He smirked. "If you want Edgar to kill you then yeah." I walked to Edgar slowly. "Edgar are you ok?" He smirked. "Yeah I'm fine." I was scared that he was going to yell at me. "Why are you here? Is it because Alan asked you to come?" I chucked. "Yes and no." He gave me a confused look. "What's the no part?" I smiled. "I wanted a job here." He smiled. "Sure."
    I jumped with joy. "But you start tomorrow." I hugged him and ran home. I told my parents. My mom was trilled but of course my dad wasn't.
    Later that night, I went back to the store to hang out with them. Edgar was putting some comic into there right place. And I was sitting on the counter talking to Alan. It was peaceful inside the store. Until four motorcycles pulled near the store. A blonde guy walked in with three other boys. Edgar walked over to them. "I told you weren't allowed in here." The blonde guy walked over to me. I put my head down so I wasn't eye contact with him. He put his hand on my chin. He left up my chin so I was in eye contact with him. He made me nervous. "Don't touch her." Alan said. "Get out of the store, I'm not going to ask again." Edgar said. He took his hand off my chin. I exhaled. I hopped off the counter. "Are you ok?" Alan asked. "I'm fine." The blonde guy held out his hand to me without saying a word. I looked at Alan and back at the blonde guy. I shook my head and walked to the back of the store. I peeked my head out, and watched them leave.
     Edgar walked over to me. "Are you alright Emilia?" I nodded. "Yeah I'm fine. I told Alan I was fine, he didn't have to send you to ask." Edgar paused. "He didn't, look I might look like I don't care, but I do. Your our friend now Emilia, we care about you and we won't let anything happen to you."