If I Could Fly

"If I could fly, I'd be coming right back home to you. I think I might, give up everything just ask me to." If I Could Fly, One Direction.

Gia

I feel like a walking zombie. My life has been drained from me and I can't blame anyone but myself. I let my guard down for Tanner, I was ready to show him who I really am but I ran away. I don't know why I was so stupid, all Tanner wanted to do was love me. At the same time I know my decision was smart, I had to what was best for me and my baby by protecting us from heartbreak. I will never desert my baby and I will always support her. Together we will conquer the world as mother and daughter. She doesn't need a father to be strong.

I wheel Millie into the diner so that Andie can take care of her for the rest of the afternoon. I don't know what we're going to do about Andie, she was purposely hurting herself. There is no reason that she should have resorted to that. At the same time I feel bad for her, that she didn't think she had any other option.

"You gonna be alright?" I check on Andie. I've been on the edge when it comes to leaving her at the diner ever since the Vincent incident.

"Gi, I promise I'm fine. Millie and I have everything under control. I think you should go see Tanner though, he called about 10 minutes ago and he really misses you," she tells me.

"Andie..."

"Gia you are 8 months pregnant. You can't keep Tanner from his baby, she's his daughter too."

"I'll think about it."

"Thank you."

I close my eyes when I walk out the door. I want to call Tanner I really do, and Andie is right this baby isn't just mine. He deserves to have a chance to be part of her life. I decide I want to sleep on my decision. It's only 2:00 pm when I go to bed, I'll wake up when the girls come home so we can talk about how I'll let Tanner back in my life.

I'm awoken by a startling pain in my stomach area. I know this isn't just morning sickness. I go in the bathroom and fortunately there's no blood but the pain is almost crippling. I call both Andie and Millie repeatedly leaving multiple messages. Neither of them call me back and the pain is only getting worse. I know what I have to do.

The sound of my phone ringing is enough to hang up and handle this myself but I know I have to do this, "Hello," Tanner picks up the phone.

"Tanner," I say breathing heavy, I'm sure he can hear me about to cry.

"Gia, what's wrong?"

"I think there's something wrong with the baby. Can you take me to the hospital?"

"Okay I'll be there in a second," he says as he starts to hang up the phone.

"Wait! Don't hang up, please just stay on the phone."

"Of course, anything for you."

He starts to drive, "How have you been?"

"Truth be told I'm kind of a mess. Not that you can't already tell."

"Have you thought about us."

"I was going to call you tomorrow about it."

"We can talk about it now."

"Tanner..."

"I'm sorry."

"I promise we can talk about it when I'm not in so much pain."

"Oh yeah, just breathe, everything will be fine."

Tanner gets here a few minutes later. He helps me down the steps and drives us to the hospital. The doctor ends up telling me that the baby is fine and I was just cramping. I know Tanner and I's talk is coming.

"Can we talk now," he pleads.

"I guess we have to," I say, unable to look him in the eyes.

"Gi, I want to be with you all the time. I will protect you forever and I will never let anything or anybody hurt our little girl. I want to love you if you'll let me and I will never leave."

I was stunned for a minute but I grab Tanner's hand squeezing it tight, "I want to love you to I just have to find a way to let you love me. For you and only you I will show you my heart. I've never given it to anyone so be careful with it."

Tanner grabs my face and kisses me softly, "I will," He says with his forehead pressed against mine. I swear I could live in this moment forever.