Dodgy Dial 23

"Okay, I'm slightly freaking out." Jake adjusted the phone against his ear while he fiddled with the collar of his shirt, his eyes frantically searched the café for any girl that could be his Reyna. No, not his. They were just friends, or acquaintances meeting up for coffee.

"Why? You're going to be fine. You've been talking to her for ages now and I think she likes you too. You've got nothing to worry about." Dave's amused voice sounded through the phone

"I don't know why I'm so nervous mate, what's happening to me?" He let out a breathy laugh and ran his hand through his hair messing the brown locks into a hazardous fashion, "What if she doesn't show up? I should've called her and asked her to coffee, not texted,"

"Mate stop stressing!" Dave laughed again, "She's going to show up any second so stop worrying and get off the phone to me and keep an eye out!"

"Right, you're right. Okay catch you later man."

"Bye!"

Jake ended the call and went to put his phone away, he caught a flash of red out of the corner of his eye and his heart plummeted. He had two messages from Reyna. Was she texting to cancel? Taking a deep breath, he tapped on the messages icon.

Rey

Wait!

What do you look like?!

Read 11:05am

A sigh of relief left his lungs and he let out a chuckle. His phone buzzed again in his hand.

Never mind, I'll yell Jake and see who looks

Read 11:05am

Jake laughed again, Reyna sure was a funny one.

"You're the only one grinning at their phone like an idiot so I'm guessing you're Jake then."

The breath left Jake's lungs as he took in the beauty before him. She was nothing like what he'd imagined.

The first thing that he noticed was the teasing smile playing on her lips and the way her hazel eyes shined with mischief.

"That's me," Jake grinned

"So do we hug or something?" Reyna asked, her perfect eyebrow raising in question

Jake studied her for a moment, he admired the way that the sun hit her blonde hair making it look golden. She was stunning.

"I'll take a hug if you're offering." He grinned boyishly

(...FIN ...)