n o r m a l

Marco's pov. 11 am

"Urgh, you again" the bartender sneared

"Nice to see you to" I replied, playfully cutting my eyes and sliding onto the leather stool across from her.

"You come here so often, anyone would think you fancied me"

I raised my upper lip in disgust "Nah.. I'm more attracted to the alcahol"

Then we both laughed for a short moment. I looked around the bar as she poured a shot of whisky into a shot glass and soon realised that I was the only customer in here.

"What happened? This place is usually lit"

"Usually only alcoholics walk into a bar at 11 am" The waitress replied whilst sliding the glass across the bar and into my open palm. I swigged the whisky between my teeth before completely downing the shot. A burning sensation filled my chest as I felt a hand slap my shoulder.

"A little early for alcohol don't you think?" Erik questioned, grinning

"I need it."

"It cures his injuries" the waitress added in a sarcastic tone.

"Oh right"

Erik sat on the stool and the waitress poured him the same drink. He downed the shot and I smiled to myself as I watched his face cave in on itself.

"Schise!" he laughed, whipping the corners of his lips

"So why we here today?"

"Just had to check up on my boy"

"Erik, I'm not a kid. My ankle will heal in no time"

"I'm not talking about your ankle. I'm talking about her"

My eyes shifted away from Erik and to the waitress. She immediately looked away and continued drying glasses with a cloth.

"I think she's got something to hide"

"That's not possible. She tells me everything"

"Only the things she wants you to know" he uttered under his breath, I signaled for the waitress to come over and pour me another drink. Erik continued "Maybe she's playing you. Maybe your a side ting"

I stopped, the rim of the glass half way to my lips "Me? A side hoe?"

"Normal people in Normal relationahips don't uaually keep their relationship a secret... Face it. She's a player"

"Yeah and I'm Kim Kardashian" I sneared before taking the shot.

"Marco, You're like a brother to me. I don't want these slags out here messing with your feelings" he gently kicks my bandaged ankle "your easily broken"

"As I said. I'm not a kid" I asserted, I saw Erik's eyes lower to the ground and realised I was being a bit harsh. "I-I think I could tell if I was being played"