A w k w a r d

Marco's pov.

4:55 pm exactly

None of the boys ever said anything to me, but I still knew what they we're thinking. They would act as if they hadn't heard what happened and hadn't read all the online stories but I could still feel the tension between us on the pitch. It's been 2 months since the whole thing happened, when will this shit blow over?

The worst part was Mario. We used to be so close and now he can barley be in the same room as me for more than 5 seconds. In fact, he'd probably been missing training just to avoid me.

I felt a void as I walked into the changing rooms today. Everyone was talking and laughing but it all stopped when I got to my locker. I kept my head down and gathered my stuff so I could change when I got home instead of spending anymore time where I wasn't wanted. They began mumbling again about a night out for Sven's birthday.

"Marco, you in?" Erik asked as his heavy hand slapped my back.

I turn to face the others "Nobody minds if I tag along right?"

"The more the merrier" Sven shrugged "In fact, we needed a designated driver"

"Marco? Designated driver? Do you want us to die tonight?!" Someone shouted from the other side of the room.

"I won't touch any alcohol, I swear" I laughed

"Yeah sure" Sinji said with a wide grin

"Anyway. I'll text you the place and time" Sven said and I nodded.

That was weird. Kinda felt like high school again. Like I had to ask the 'cool kids' permission to get into their party or whatever- I thought as I hopped into my car.

"Marco!" I heard Erik yell as he jogged towards my car.

"Can I get a ride?"

"Course" I said then began to clear the passengers seat for him. He sat down and we both closed our car door one after the other.

"Thanks for having my back in there" I said- with no emotion in my tone

"It fine." He said, sounding very pleased with himself.

I pushed the key into the ignition and the engine started along with the radio.

"Look" Erik announced - prompting me to turn down the music- "the guys in there don't hate you, they don't even judge you for what happened" he chuckled "you know how they are, their just- awkward"

"Yeah, well nows the time where I need them to not be- awkward" I replied as I revel the engine "especially when Mario isn't talking to me"

"Things will be back to normal with the boys by tonight, as for Mario, that may take a bit more time to heal"

I sighed.

"Let's just have fun tonight. Ja?" He asked

I nodded and he turned up the music on full blast whilst singing along with Ed Sheehan. He annoyingly tapped his feet, wound down the window and sang at a woman and her daughter in the car next to us. This kid is so embarrassing.

"Who sings this song again?" I asked as we got to the red traffic light

"Ed sheeran!" he yelled over the music