H a p p y B i r t h d a y

Milan's pov.

"Thanks again" I say whilst tucking myself into the bed sheets.

"It's ok" Luke answers "Although I do have to ask why your not at Haye's place tonight..you know..cos he's your new best fried and all"

I smile to myself "I didn't want to bother him and I knew you wouldn't hesitate to let me in"

"True. I'm a very nice person"

"Too nice if you ask me" I sigh "I really don't deserve you"

"We all make mistakes" He says before climbing into a sleeping bag on the floor- the same sleeping bag he had used on our school camping trip several years ago- must have grown out of it by now.

"I'll sleep on the floor?" I kind of suggest

"No Milan"

"You sure"

"I'm sure"

I slowly shut my eyes "Good night then"

"Na-night" he replies.

He slept on the floor and allowed me to sleep on his bed for the night. We both shuffle in the duvets for a while to get comfortable but I just end up laying on my back and looking up at the ceiling.

I couldn't just switch off with everything that was on my mind. Learning that your dad doesn't really love you, hurts. Losing your best friends, hurst. Knowing that I had broken Marco's heart hurt the most of all. I thought-

"Milan?"

"Yeah" I say with one eye slightly open

"I broke up with Sofia" he said. Just leaving that out in the open for me to respond to.

Luke adds "You know, my girlfriend"

"Oh" I said, then realised that may have sounded insensitive "Sorry"

I hear him turn over and the room went silent for a while.

"Because of what I told you about Alissa?" I ask

He hums then soon falls asleep.

____

The next day

The morning of my birthday consisted of me awkwardly sat around the breakfast table with Luke's parents probably judging me for being kicked out of my home. Then I went for a shower and got dressed into my clothes from yesterday.

Luke chucks the controller in my lap before plopping down next to me "So what do you want to do for your birthday?"

"Can we just forget it's my birthday"

"Hell no. It's your 18th. Why don't we go to a club?"

"Why don't you call Alissa? I know you'd rather be doing that than spending time with me"

"I do want to spend time with you, plus, I wouldn't know what to say"

I hold my hand out "Give me your phone?"