Chapter Two

"Hi Taylor," Martha said as she opened the door to her apartment that evening, "Hi Daisy," she continued as she scooped her into her arms and tickled her.

Daisy giggled, "Aunty Martha," she said breathlessly, "that tickles."

Martha put Daisy back down on the floor; they hung their coats in the hallway closet and walked into the huge living/dining room.

"Hi Jason," Taylor said as Martha's boyfriend of five months walked out of the kitchen. Daisy hid behind her moms legs.

"Hi Taylor," Jason replied, "Hi Daisy," he said but the toddler remained hidden behind Taylor's legs.

"Daisy," Martha said, "Why don't you come and help me make some drinks."

Daisy nodded and grabbed hold of Martha's hand and followed her into the kitchen.

"She hates me," Jason said to Taylor.

Taylor shook her head, "She doesn't hate you, she's just shy with new people."

"It's been five months." Jason replied.

"But she doesn't see you every day."

"I'm a doctor though," Jason said, "I'm supposed to be good with people."

Taylor smiled, "She'll come around Jason just give her time."

Once they'd finished dinner Jason left for work as he was unfortunately on duty that night.

With Daisy occupied with Martha's iPad Taylor followed her friend into the kitchen to help clear up.

"How did dinner with Melissa go?" she asked, "Has she finally forgiven you?"

Jason had dated Martha's older sister for eight months, and although they'd split up over two years ago she was still pissed off when Martha started dating him.

"Yeah," Martha replied, "She said she came to the realisation that she was being stupid and that she didn't want to ruin her relationship with me over it. So are you seeing Adam this weekend?"

Taylor blushed, "I saw him this morning actually."

"But Saturday morning is playground and cupcakes." Martha replied.

Taylor nodded.

"He joined you? He met Daisy?"

"Yeah," Taylor said and noticing Martha's concerned expression she added, "I introduced him as a friend Martha."

Martha nodded, "Okay..."

"You saw how she was with Jason earlier?"

"Hiding you mean? That's just Daisy."

"Yeah," Taylor said, "but she wasn't like that with Adam. She shook his hand Martha and held it as we walked to the bakery."

"Our Daisy?" Martha asked incredulously.

Taylor smiled and nodded, "She didn't stop talking. I've never seen her like that with someone she just met."

Martha shook her head in disbelief; although the Daisy they knew was a vivacious cheeky little girl she'd witnessed her shyness with strangers first hand and was shocked that she'd been so comfortable around Adam.

"What did Adam have to say?" Martha asked, "Have you spoken to him since this morning."

"We've texted," Taylor replied a huge smile spreading across her face, "He thinks that Daisy is adorable, he admitted that he was really nervous as he hasn't really been around kids that much but that he had fun with the both of us and he said he'd like to do it again soon."