Chapter Nine

"How do we tell people about this?" Adam asked once Daisy was in bed.

Taylor shrugged, "I've been thinking about that too. I mean Karlie, Martha and your mom already know we suspected it but how do we tell other people?"

"Speaking of my mom," Adam said, "I forgot to mention it earlier but she wants to know if we'd all like to go to dinner at her house tomorrow night."

"Yeah okay," Taylor replied, "Did you tell her about Daisy?"

Adam shook his head, "I told her I thought she might be mine. I haven't told her about the test or the results yet."

"Are you planning on telling her before dinner? Because you saw how excited Daisy is about this she'll spill before you get a chance to tell your mom."

"Is that a bad thing?" Adam asked.

Taylor slapped him playfully across the chest, "Coward," she said, "You'd let your own daughter tell your mom that she's a grandmother?"

Adam smiled, "I like the sound of that."

"Letting Daisy tell your mom?" Taylor asked.

Adam shook his head, "No," he replied, "My daughter. I still can't believe that she's mine. It's weird but I've never really had much time for kids before not until I met Daisy. Do you think it possible that my subconscious somehow knew she was mine?"

Taylor nodded, "Maybe, I've thought the same thing about Daisy, she's usually shy with strangers but with you she didn't hesitate to hold your hand. She was even really talkative with your mom and she'd only just met her too." Taylor bit her lip, "How do you think your mom is going to react to this?" she asked.

"I don't know," Adam replied truthfully, "I do know that she really likes you and Daisy. Trust me my mom doesn't just invite anybody to dinner. I'm seeing her tomorrow morning," he continued, "We're going to visit my grandma. I'll tell her then I promise. It'll have had time to sink in by dinner."

"I'll probably call my mom tomorrow morning." Taylor replied, she sighed. "So what happens now?" she asked. "Do we continue as we are and let things progress as they would've done before we knew Daisy was yours?"

Adam nodded, he'd been wondering the same thing. "I don't want to rush into anything," he replied, "and risk all of us getting hurt."

Taylor smiled thankful that he was on the same page as she was, "Me neither."

"But," Adam said, "I was wondering if maybe after dinner tomorrow whether you could both come back to my apartment and spend the night? In fact the whole weekend, you could take Daisy to school from mine on Monday?"

Taylor smiled at him, "Are you sure that you're ready to have two girls in your apartment for an entire weekend?"

"I'm more than ready." Adam replied, he leaned towards her and kissed her gently. "So will you?"

Taylor nodded, "We will," she whispered before kissing him once more.

————————————————————

"Morning Daisy," Taylor said as her little girl walked into her bedroom the following morning. "Did you have a nice sleep?" she asked pulling her bedcovers back so Daisy could get in.

"I did mommy," Daisy replied, "Is Adam going to be here for breakfast?"

Taylor was about to reply when Daisy's bottom lip started to tremble and she suddenly burst into tears.

"Daisy sweetie," Taylor said, "What's wrong."

"I called my daddy Adam mommy." Daisy cried.

Taylor wrapped her arms around her little girl and kissed the top of her head, "It's okay Daisy," she replied, "You've called him Adam for a long time so it's going to take time for you to get used to calling him daddy."