Chapter Five

"What happens after Cruella steals the puppies?" Adam asked Daisy. The toddler was telling him all about 101 Dalmatians. "It sounds scary."

"It's not scary Adam," Daisy told him, "Because all the other animals help to rescue them and Cruella gets caught. Haven't you seen it?"

Adam nodded, "I have but it was a long time ago when I was little like you."

"I have a DVD," Daisy replied, "Next time you visit me we can watch it."

"That sounds fun," Adam said.

Andrea caught Taylor's eye and smiled, "Adam," she said, "be careful or Daisy will trick you into watching all her Disney movies."

Adam laughed, "I don't mind," he replied, "It's been a while since I've watched one."

"Ah," Andrea said, "You say that now but when can't get 'Under The Sea' out of your head you'll soon change your mind."

They spent the rest of the afternoon playing board games with Daisy insisting on being on Adam's team.

Taylor stood up after they'd finished another game and picked up the empty glasses to take them into the kitchen.

"Why don't you and Adam go out for dinner?" Andrea said from behind her having followed her into the kitchen. "I'll stay here with Daisy and I'll make us both something to eat."

"Mom," Taylor said, "You don't have to do that."

"I want to," Andrea insisted, "I don't get to spend a lot of time with Daisy so it'll be nice to have her all to myself. I'm sure if you're quick you'll still be able to reservations somewhere or go earlier and beat the rush."

"I don't know..."

"Go and ask Adam," Andrea said, "You two deserve a night out alone."

Taylor smiled and hugged her mom, "I love you mom."

Taylor quietly mentioned her moms offer to Adam when they went back into the living room. Taylor nodded to her mom to let her know that they'd take her up on the offer.

"Daisy," Andrea said, "come here a minute."

Daisy ran over to her grandma, "What is it Grandma?" she asked.

Andrea lifted Daisy onto her lap and whispered in her ear. "How about we make dinner, we put our pyjamas on and watch a movie and mommy and Adam can go out just the two of them."

Daisy smiled and nodded her head, "Yeah," she replied, "Can we make Mac and cheese Grandma? And have ice cream?"

"Of course," Andrea replied, "Anything for my Daisy."

"So what do you feel like?" Adam asked Taylor as they walked down the stairs in her apartment complex. They'd decided to go for an early dinner and hadn't made reservations anywhere.

Taylor smiled, "Somewhere casual?" she asked, "I'm not dressed for anywhere fancy."

Adam looked at her; she was wearing dark skinny jeans tucked into knee high boots, a grey top with faux leather short sleeves and a warm coat. "You look stunning," Adam replied.

He was dressed casually too in jeans and a plain sweater.

Taylor smiled, "Thank you, you don't look too bad yourself."

They got outside and Adam turned to face Taylor, "Okay which way shall we go?"

Taylor reached out and grabbed his hand, "This way," she replied pointing to her left, "Suddenly I'm craving Mexican and there is a great restaurant on 6th and Watts."