Wife beater

"Emma." I smiled and hugged my best friend.
"Killian and I are back together." I frowned.
"He's not good for you Emma." I said sternly. She glared at me.
"You don't know him." I raised my brows.
"If a man doesn't have the curtesy to respect your best friend then no he's not good for you." Her eyes went wild.
"You don't know him like I do." She growled.
"Oh really? From the amount of time I've spent with the guy I've formed my opinion about him. And frankly he's a prissy little wanna be." I growled back.
"What the fuck Regina? Are you jealous that I spend more time with him?" No I love you and hurt when your with him and not me.
"Why would I be jealous of that skank?" I answered simple and sassy.
"You know what I'm leaving. I was going to ask you to be my maid of honor at the wedding but I guess if you don't support us enough then you're not going." She picked up her bag from my living room floor and went to the foyer.
"Emma. What I don't get is that we've been best friends sense we were most likely four, and now your throwing it away because a guy can't be nice to the person who had dried your tears, soothed you when you had panic attacks, been there for every birthday, holiday, and has actually been there when everyone else wouldn't." My tone did not bite nor raise but it was stern and made a point.
She looked back at me.
"Have a nice day Ms. Mills." I took a deep breath.
"It's Mayor Mills. Good day Sheriff. I do hope that with your relationship you'll be well enough to continue your work. We don't need wife beaters loose in Storybrooke." My words carried venom.
Later that day I was sitting in my office when the door burst open and in walked the bastard himself.
"What the bloody hell Regina-"
"It's Mayor to you." I snapped and stood up and slammed my hands on my desk. "Show some respect to your superior." I growled.
"Why the fuck did Emma come home and-"
"I said show some respect. Now if you've come into my office to harass me about my life out of work I'm not afraid to have you arrested. And not by your girlfriend. I will have the head Sheriff, her father come to do the work do you understand Mr. Jones." The words flew out of my mouth like an angry storm.
"Yes Madam Mayor." He dipped his head.
"Now we both don't like each other but you're marrying the sheriff. If she is not able to go to work due to a drunken beating I will personally castrate you." I threatened. He looked at me when I said drunken beating. "That's right I know about those. I didn't say anything because Emma was afraid you would do more. And now that your marrying her will make me not care what she thinks. Now leave my office or I will have you escorted." I pointed out my office door. When I looked at the door I could tell she was on the other side of the non see through glass. "Take the sheriff with you on your way out pirate." I growled.

"Mom can we have pizza for dinner?" My son Henry asked walking in the front door.
"Sure." I mumbled and downed my first glass of wine.
"Are you okay?" He asked standing behind me.
"Nope but you know what? It doesn't matter." Yes it does.
"What's wrong I can tell when you're upset." I smiled at the fourteen year old.
"Emma and I are no longer friends and you are not aloud to go over to her house anymore." He nodded and pulled me into a hug.
I ordered the pizza about twenty-five minutes ago.
"Mom some one knocked on the door want me to get it?" I looked up from my phone.
"No let me." I grabbed my wallet and paced to the door. But I knew it wasn't the pizza man.
I opened the door to reveal the blonde.
"Get off my property Ms. Swan." I stated licking my bottom lip.
"No I'm here to see my son." I chuckled.
"You have no legal claim to him." I gave her my best evil smile. But she lunged foreword and sealed her lips against mine.
"Then why don't we make it official?" I smelt her whiskey breath.
"Go home Emma." It took every once of me to not forgive her.
"Why I thought this is what you wanted." She pulled out her phone and showed me a text sent from my phone about how much I loved her.
"I didn't send that." Her vision was clearly blurry.
"Well. Who did? I broke it off with Killian after the office thing and he beat me. Woke up about two hours ago from it and have drank sense then." My jaw dropped.
"Henry!" I shouted. The boy came running up behind me before stopping. "Watch Emma I have to have a chat with the other sheriff." I pushed the blonde inside with my son and slipped my heels on and grabbed my keys slamming the door behind me.

"David meet me at Mr. Jones's house." I hung up and sat there in the drive way waiting for the man to arrive. David and his wife Snow adopted Emma when she was eleven. She used to live next door to me in the foster house before that.
The older man stepped out of his police cruiser and set a hand on his gun.
"What's up?" He asked shutting the door behind him.
"We need to take him in to custody because he beat Ms. Swan." His eyes grew and his jaw set. I got back in my car and watched as the drunken man was man handled out of his house. At one point the drunk kicked David but he retaliated and punched him in the nose knocking him out. I smiled as he struggled to get the man into the car.
He nodded his head to me. I just smirked and drove back to my house to take care of the blonde trouble.