Snapchat

I sat at my kitchen table waiting for my food in the oven the finish. I pulled my phone out and looked through the most gorgeous woman ever's snap chat.
Regina Mills.
God damn that woman was and angel of hell and heaven.
The picture she took was with her son Henry. He reminded me of my late husband. He died 15 years ago. Don't get me wrong I love women but this man just made me happy. I loved him like I love bear claws. But he died fighting fires one night when I was pregnant. I had a little boy but I couldn't stand raising him alone so I gave him to a family that would want him. I never named him because I didn't want to get attached.
The next picture was of her with the pink halo filter and I couldn't help but stair into her eyes and think that she knew I was looking at her. She took that picture for me and was trying to communicate to me through the beautiful mocha orbs.
But of course that's silly she doesn't even know who I am.
"Hey everyone! The first fifteen of you that screen shot this next pic I will fallow you back and have a conversation with you!" That caught my attention. As soon as she updated the snap I pressed the button. I knew my chances of this woman actually talking to me were forever slim.
I set my phone down and checked my food to see that it was in fact done. I smiled genuinely.
I made pasta and garlic bread.
"Hook!" I shouted. My large black pit bull came dashing from the couch and jumped onto his chair at the table. I grabbed the dog food scoop, and scooped food out of the bag from under the counter and a glass of water. He had a little dog dish holder with both bowls in it placed in front of him.
After I dished him up he wagged his tail but waited for me. I sat down in my place and pet his head.
"Dig in." With that he snacked on his food. He's never been one scarf it down. I ate my food and smiled at him.
I named him Hook because he likes the movie Peter Pan.
My phoned dinged and I just glanced at it before ripping it off the table and unlocking it.
Regina😍💋👸🏻: Well hello there Ms. Swan.
I about chocked on the food that was in my mouth. The picture she sent was one of her kissing Henry on the cheek and him smiling.
EmmaSwan: Hello my queen.
I sent a picture of me with Hook in the back round eating.
Regina😍💋👸🏻: I didn't interrupt your dinner did I?
She made a funny face.
EmmaSwan: No of course not! I made pasta and garlic bread. Would you like some?
I sent a picture of my plate.
R: jealous! I would love to try it but I bet mine is better😜😉
The face she sent was too cute not to screen shot.
E: I bet it is. You are rather stunning.😍
R: Well dear you eat your food and maybe we can chat later? 👌🏼😁
E: I would love to.😊
I set my phone back down and and took a deep breath. Hook was looking at me with his head cocked to the side.
"Don't look at me like that. I'm having a fangirl moment leave me alone and finish your food." And he did just that.
Later that night I was flipping through the channels. I didn't want to seem annoying so I was waiting for her to the talk first.
I felt a dip on the couch and my black fur baby was walking on the cushions towards me.
I lifted my arm and let him lay half on my lap.
R: Want to chat?
E: I would love to.
R: Would you like to video call?😁
My jaw hit my lap.
E: Of course!
Incoming call......
"Hi!" Her face came on the screen and she moved it around a bit. "Sorry it froze there for a moment! How are you?" I smiled.
"I'm doing just fine." I ran my left hand through my bangs that were hanging in my face.
"Are you married?" She asked excited. I looked at my hand.
"No. He died fifteen years ago." I smiled slightly. Her face dropped.
"Oh I'm so sorry." I took a deep breath.
"Don't be. No one could have changed it." Her face went closer to her phone for a moment.
"You have kids?" I looked behind me to see a picture of me and my son that I had framed before they took him.
"No. I gave him up for adoption after his dad died. I couldn't handle being a mother knowing that I would raise him with out the one I planned to do everything with." I mumbled. Her face showed sorrow.
"Dear there is nothing wrong with giving a child its best chance even if that's not with you." Henry popped over her shoulder.
"Hi!" I giggled. "Who are you?" He asked being tickled by the dark haired woman in front of him. She seamed to be sitting on her couch.
"My name is Emma Swan." I smiled. His eyes snapped to me.
"You're Emma?" I looked at him confused but smiled.
"Yes?" It came out more a question. Regina looked at him before whispering in his ear and he in hers.
"Henry Abuela will be in here in a little. Her and Zelena are taking you shopping go get ready." She had gotten up and walked up some stairs before going down a hall.
"Did I say something?" I asked worried setting my free hand on hooks head for comfort.
She didn't answer but she moved into a room and closed the door.
"You're Emma Marie Swan." She stated. My mouth wouldn't work.
"I'm I think so." I stumbled across my words.
"No need to be nervous." She sighed and slid down the door. "It's just that Henry is looking for his biological mother. And as you probably know I adopted him as a baby because I became barren when I was young." A tear rolled down her face.
"Hey, hey, it's ok don't cry. He thinks I'm his mother?" I comforted her as best I could over the phone.
"No we know you are. He wanted to know who you where and I didn't know because it was a closed adoption but we found a site and it found you. I didn't know it was you though." She sniffed.
"Why are you upset?" I asked softly.
"Because I don't want to loose him when he decides that I'm no longer his mother." She looked at me painfully.
"Don't worry he won't. He's your son not mine. I put him on this earth and you're the one that has brought him up. Look as much as I would love to meet him and be in his life I just can't." She looked at me confused.
"Why not?" Her voice was doing something to me and it wasn't the right time for it.
"It would be to painful. He looks a lot like his dad now that I think of it and I wouldn't do that to you. I'll just go on pretending that I don't have a kid and you can have him because he's your son. Not mine."