Tried

She tried. Didn't she? Or did she stand there to long watching. No it wasn't her fault she was bond my magical ink. She could do nothing but watch as King Arthur, slit her throat. She screamed out. She cried and begged to be taken instead but to no prevail.
She watched as her best friend and lover collapsed to the ground drowning in her own blood. The worst part was that she could do nothing to make sure Henry did not see it.
How could someone be so cruel? So caught up in their plan for vengeance that they would make a child watch it's mother die in front of them?
She didn't care what the Evil Queen had done until that moment. Regina used to be like that. But she showed mercy when it came to children watching their parents die a bloody murder. If she could help it, it would be swift and fast. Or so Regina told Emma.
The blonde held the lifeless body in her hands crying. She had sealed up her throat, but was to late. As the brunette, had fallen from this world a little to soon. But everyone has a plan mastered out for them before they are even born. So if you strayed from it is this what happens? You die with out warning? Or was this part of the master plan?

"I'm going to go get her I don't care if you come with or not. Henry needs his mother." Emma snapped turning to the door on her way to Golds.
"Swan you're not thinking straight. Love come back let's talk about this." The pirate tried to reason with her but was not successful.
"No! Killian! You don't get to tell me what I can and can't do. I don't love you nor have I ever. I was just using you to get my mind away from Regina. But," she stopped joking on her sobbing. "I fell in love with her and she fell for me. We took care of each other. I don't expect a low life like you to understand." The leather clad man stood there dumbfounded in front of the Charmings.
"Well at least she finally said it." David patted his 'friends' shoulder and walked past after his daughter.
"Don't feel bad Hook she only told the truth." Snow whispered walking past with young Neil on her hip.

"We need to find Regina." David said pulling his sword out as they entered the town of Underbrooke.
As they walked around town they realized that many of the people there were some that they killed and other they tried to save but couldn't.
"David." Snow whispered pulling her bow out tapping her husbands shoulder. "We should split up into groups." She whispered nodding toward the Granny's Cafe.
"I agree. Robin, Hook you two take the south end of town and get some resources on how to find her. Emma, Henry, you two take the cemetery." The group dispersed.

As Henry and Emma walked toward the final resting place of many people Henry was itching to ask the question that he knew would just set his mother off. But he couldn't.
"Henry. HENRY!" Emma snapped in front of his face getting his attention.
"Yea- what?" Shaking his dazed state from his head head gripped the straps of his back pack.
"We're here." The blonde narrowed her eyes suspiciously at her son for a moment before walking over the rows of head stones looking for the one she knew would be there. Standing up straight as ever, the rock snapped like a castle, read the name: Queen Regina Mills.
Emma pulled the small tube out of her pocket and drizzled some of it on the rock and grass.
She stepped back confused that nothing was happening.
"No! Why is this piece of shit not working?!" Emma was about to break the tube when a voice stopped her.
"Emma! Don't!" She looked up to see a wavering image of Regina. She was wearing the Red dress she died in and was covered in beating marks.
"Regina where are you?"
"I'm- Hades- go-not safe." It crackled like a tv would with a bad connection, before being replaced the the real deal of the Lord of the Underworld.
"Ah trying to get your true love are we?"
"What have you done to her?" Emma growled forgetting her son was behind her she launched herself at the ginger, only to be held back with the god powers.
"Oh you'll see her again. I plan on it." He smirked and chuckled annoyingly before disappearing.