Part 15

(3rd Person PoV)
Tom and Tord played a shooting game until they saw a familiar pair of friends walk into the arcade. "Hey guys!" Edd exclaimed,a bit happier than usual,Tom knew exactly why but decided to stay quiet.
"Hey Edd." Tom said, a friendly tone in his voice. Tord put his 'gun' back into its rightful spot and pressed his shoulder to Tom's, looking for comfort. Tom didn't reply to his actions but instead asked,"Um,so what now?" Edd rummaged around in his pockets and soon pulled out a small map which he then opened. "There's some rides a few booths from here,or if you guys want there's some food stands nearby."
Tom looked to Tord, who shrugged in return. "Well I'm getting kind of hungry,might as well get something to eat." Tom stated, he hadn't had anything since breakfast. Edd nodded,"Alright sounds good!" Edd exclaimed,taking Matts hand and turning to walk out of the game room. Tom looked at Tord,whom of which had a confused look on his face. The blue hooded male gave a small chuckle as he gave Tord a pat on the back and said,"C'mon Tord." By this point Tord was even more confused,why was Tom being so nice to him? Had he finally reached through to him? Whatever it was,he was glad to see that they got along...for now anyways. With that said,he gave a small but genuine smile as he walked out with Tom.
Throughout the night,the group of friends enjoyed their time at the carnival...it was about 11pm when Edd decided it was probably best to head back,as they made their way to the car Edd had an idea,"Hey guys,when we get home wanna watch a movie?" Yeah sure,it was late and all but Edd was still hyper and energized. Tord refused, exhausted. "Sure" Matt replied,a hint of energy in his own voice, Tom refused the offer,not wanting to end up being a third wheel or something. "Well that settles it...although Tom,can you maybe let Tord stay with you then? We'll probably be up late and I can already see he's exhausted." Edd replied,Tom looked at Tord and he did indeed look exhausted. He was hesitant at first but decided he'd probably get better sleep in his apartment. He sighed,"Yeah, that's fine I guess."
    The four drove home as Tord tried to fight the urge to fall asleep in the moving vehicle. Tom stared out his window the whole drive home,curios of how the night would turn out.
    The four friends walked down the buildings hall, searching for their apartments. When their rooms came into view Edd suggested that Tord should grab some clothes from his room for the night. Once that chore was done Edd and Matt separated themselves from the two others,closing themselves in Edd's apartment.
    "Come on,it's getting late." Tom said,walking to the next door down. After entering Tord asked where his bathroom had been so he could change, after pointing him in the right direction  Tord made his way down the hall.
    Tord shut himself in the restroom, stopping to look at his reflection in the mirror that hung steadily over the sink. 'No wonder everyone was staring at you...' he thought to himself as he transferred his gaze from his scarred face to his metallic hand, for the rest of his arm had been hidden safely in the sleeve of his hoodie.
    He tried not to think about it as he got dressed,but found it to be a challenging task. Tord ended up in a black T-shirt and a pair of maroon pants. As he was about to leave he took one last glance at his broken aura in the mirror. He gently touched his ragged scars, flinching as he remembered how they were brought upon him...'This is gonna be a long night.' He thought, despite the time already being well past 11.
    Tord walked out of the bathroom, only to come face to face with Tom. The two stared awkwardly at each other until Tom seemed to snap back to reality. "Uh, are you okay sleeping in the couch?" He asked, still a bit spaced out. Tord nodded, "Alright well I'll bring out a few blankets...just go wait over there." Tom said as he gestured his head towards the living room. "Okay." He replied,slipping past Tom.
      But something or rather someone had stopped him, Tom put out an arm to stop him. Tord looked at the black eyed male, confused as to why he'd done that. He was just about to ask but was soon cut off by a worried look from Tom. "Are you okay? Ever since we went to the carnival you've been acting...weird." Tord was a bit shocked from hearing this, since when did Tom care for him? They've always been at it arguing over pointless things, insulting each other to no end. "I...um.."  Tord began to grow nervous, would he even understand if he told Tom, what would he say? Tord's mind began to wander into complete chaos as his thoughts captivated his attention. "Tord," Tom said, a bit concerned. He slid his arm up to Tord's shoulder, bringing him closer than he already was. Tom looked him in the eyes, "You can tell me." Tord moved his eyes up to gaze into Tom's, clueless and scared.
    Tom grabbed Tord and pulled him into a warm and reassuring embrace, bringing him along as he slid down a nearby wall. Tord was so clueless as to what's been going on, but soon melted into Tom's arms. He wrapped his arms around the blue's neck and buried his face in his shoulder...feeling like he meant something for once.

  But who would've guessed, that the person Tom hated most would end up being the one to steal his heart....

(A/N; hello!! Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, sorry it's out so late. Tell me what you thought in the comments, what do you think will happen in the next chapter? Thanks for all the support, I really appreciate it!) -Swingster