Chapter 24: Lost & Found

For so long, we was hurtin', I got the chance to make it right

Countin' times you done hurt me, I done been all alone tonight

Gravity

NBA Youngboy

{Joy}

I step out of my car and knock on the door. Seconds later Helen opens it with a surprised look on her face. "What's going on, honey," She asks while wiping her hands off on the apron she has on.

"Where is Rob," I ask her, I came over here to find him and get to the to the bottom of this whole thing. I would hate to ruin the relationship we just started, but at the end of the day, it wouldn't be me that ruin it.

"I'm sorry, he is on a business trip," She says, how convenient."I need to speak to him as soon as possible" I say to her then I turn walking back to my car. "Wait, what's going on," She says, either she is a great actress or she honestly doesn't know what is going on.

"Let just say, he in some deep shit, see you later Helen," I say and I get in my car and pull off. I call King and he answers one the first ring.

"Wassup," he says.

"He is not in town," I say and I hear him breathe out hard.

"Ight just come back to the warehouse, I'm hit some guys up and dig more into this," He tells me, and I pull up to the gas station and as I go in my glove compartment. I see the address I was given where my moms suppose to be at.

"I'm about to go handle something and I'm be there later on," I tell him.

"Joy..... ight. Just hit me up when you on your way" He tells me and the line clicks. I hope this is where she is at. I tired of being on a wild goose chase with her.

*

I pull up to the place and I park across the street and I sit in my car. It's a small house, and there is a young girl that can't be any more than 5 playing with a young boy who is about 7. I take a deep breath. I really hope this is the right place. I rise out my car and I walk up and the kids look at me.

"Mama, don't like visitors," The girl says and then continues to play with the boy. I continue to walk and I knock on the screen door because the front door was open.

"Who the hell is this...." The lady walks up to the door, I have never seen her before. "Who is you," The lady said mugging me through the screen door.

"I'm here for Nikki, does she stay here," I ask her.

"Yeah, she does, but you didn't answer my question who is you" she gets loud, I not about to go off on this lady no matter how much I want to. I'm keep it together.

"I'm her damn daughter where she at," I say and she smiles.

"Joy?" She says like she knows me. "Come in sweetheart" Her mood makes a whole 180, she was just rude and nasty now she nice and kind. Who is this lady? "I'm sorry, I'm Nikki friend Dreka", She smiles, "You probably know my big sister Pookie," She says and that's a name I know. My mom old best friend. "I'm go get Nikki, she downstairs probably sleep, you can sit anywhere," She says and walks out of the room. I sit on the plastic couch and then the girl runs in the house and runs right past me. Then she comes back out.

"Where is my mommma" She drags out the m and I look at her elbow and it is bloody and I see her eyes are red and she was crying.

"Come on, where are the band-aids," I ask her and I follow her to the bathroom, while she cries quietly. We reach the bathroom and I pull out a band-aid and alcohol.

"This is going to hurt, but you have to be a big girl ok," I tell her and she nods her head, and I put the alcohol and it and she started to cry but she stops and I put the band-aid.

"Thank you, " I hugged me and runs out. I follow her and I see my mom standing with Dreka, it was my mom.

"What happen, Jaz," Dreka ask the little girl before the girl got anything out. "I done told you about doing all the horse playing and shit, and stop all that damn crying" Dreka takes the little girl back outside. I look back at my mom who is just staring at me and she walks up to me and pulls me into a hug.

"I'm sorry.........I'm so sorry," She says in my ear and I can't help it a tear falls out my eye. "Look at you, my baby. She's not a baby anymore" She looks at me and she laughs with tears coming out her eyes. "I've missed you so much, " she wipes her tears from her eyes.

"I... I missed you too. I thought you were.....dead" I say not even wanting to say it.

"I was dead inside Joy, I couldn't even recognize myself anymore," She says. "Come on we have a lot to talk about" She pulls my hand and we sit on the couch. Yeah, we have ALOT to talk about.

*********

Joy finally meets back up with her mom?

Has her mom truly change?

Remember to vote and comment

Sorry for mistakes

If you have any question, be sure to ask?