Chapter 8.

-Harry's POV-

"What's your name, Sir?" I asked, handing the man a glass of water.

"Jay." He replied.

"So what happened between you and Rihanna, why are you hiding?"

"She's a little upset about... something."

"Go on."

"Let's just say it involves you and she is probably going to shoot me when she sees me."

There's no way this random man, no matter the fact he is connected to Rihanna, is going to hide in my flat without a good reason.

"No, either you tell me what's really going on or you get out and find somewhere else to hide." I negotiated.

"Fine." He said after a moment of thinking it through.

"Alright, spill."

"Well... first off, i'm going to be honest right now and tell you the real reason i came here." Jay said and i nodded for him to continue, "I'm not hiding from Rihanna, i wanted to get to you before she did to tell you something very important."

"Which is?" 

"You can't trust her, Harry. She'll break your heart."

I guess i should've saw that one coming, everyone warned me. And of course, i didn't listen. I never do.

"Is that why she fired you, because you were going to tell me the truth?" I asked.

"Yes, I'm just glad i reached you before she got here." He said, reaching over and patting me on the back comfortingly.

"Are you sure, Jay? There could be some type of misunderstanding..."

"Positive, this isn't the first time she's done this as you can probably tell. She's got quite a mean streak with men."

"Yeah, i know. Well i guess it's for the best." 

No it's not. The little voice in the back of my head argued.

"Yeah, sorry man." Jay condoled.

"It's alright, it's not your fault." I assured him.

"i'm gonna get going, Rihanna will be here any minute now."

"Right, thanks again."

"No problem."

And he walked out, leaving me to wonder what i was going to say to Rihanna when she showed up.

-Rihanna's POV-

When i pulled up to Harry's place, i got out of my car and started to walk up the walkway to Harry's door when i saw a certain someone i would've liked to murder at that moment.

"Jay, what are you doing here?" I whisper-yelled at him so Harry wouldn't hear.

"Ruining you." He replied, smiling at me deviously.

"Why would you want to do that to me,? We were like family at one point."

"That was before you fired me."

"You called me pathetic!"

I had every right to fire him after how he spoke to me... right? I hope i didn't make a huge mistake...

"You want to change for some guy you barley know, that's a pathetic, love-sick girl if i've ever seen one." He shot back.

"I'm not love-sick!" I defended, balling up my fists in anger.

"Really? And what would you call yourself, huh?"

"I'm still me, Jay!"

"No you're not, you've changed ever since that kid walked into your life."

"Well maybe i want to change, have you ever thought of that? Maybe i want to stop hurting people, become a better a person."

"You and I both know that's never going to happen, not after Chris--"

"Shut up! Shut. Up. Don't ever talk about that."

How dare he bring up Chris? He knows that is a no-no. That is a dark part of my past i never want to go back to.

"You know it's true. He's the reason you are how you are, the reason you put up those walls and hurt everyone around you." He said

I don't hurt everyone around me, he's lying. Or is he?

"Leave." I order him, holding back my tears.

"Try not to hurt that kid the way you've hurt all those other men from your past." He said, suddenly very serious.

"I won't."

"Good luck with that-- that is if he even speaks to you after what i told him."

"Leave!" I scream, letting a tear fall from my left eye and whipping it away quickly.

And he walks away, getting into his car and driving away for good.

Maybe i should just leave. Jay is right, i'm going to hurt him no matter what i do and i can't let myself do that to Harry.

*  *  *  *  * 

I battled with myself for a long time before i finally turned away from Harry's apartement and got into my car. I drove away, ignoring the text messages and calls that kept ringing as i drove.

Except one:

From: Styles

We need to talk. -H. xx

Yes we do, Harry. Yes we do.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

So that was chapter 8! Again, i'm sorry i suck at updating on time. Thank you all for being so patient with me c:

On another note, Jay is such an asshole huh? Well, i guess every great story needs a villan right? ;)

Vote, comment, and fan because we will love you forevasssss <3

-India xx (@ItsLourryYo)