Chapter 14.

-Rihanna's POV- 

Harry and I made our way to the nearest Starbucks, wearing hoodies and sunglasses so we didn't get noticed by any fans and avoid any run in's with paparazzi. The drive was short and we saw Chris in a corner with a similar disguise to us when we walked in. We made our way over to his booth in the corner and sat down, the tension thick when he realized Harry really had accompanied me. 

"Hello," Chris said, clearing his throat awkwardly. 

"We know you did it, Chris. You're the only person who could have done it," I skipped the greeting and jump right into the issue at hand. 

"Did what?"

"You know what, you bastard--" Harry started, but I cut him off, kicking him under the table quickly. 

The last thing we need is a fight between these two, the media will be all over that in 2.5 seconds. I thought, shaking my head a little. 

"Those pictures of Harry and I! You leaked them to the tabloids!"

"What pictures, I didn't leak any pictures of you?" Chris looked confused, furrowing his eyebrows at my accusation. 

"The ones of us in our flats and out on dates?" Harry explained, clenching his jaw. 

"I'm sorry but that wasn't me, I haven't even been on twitter or anything lately." Chris continued, "I'm trying to stay out of drama for a while; get my shit together for my girl Karrueche and start focusing on my music again." 

"How can we even trust you when you had the guts to beat up a fucking woman!?" Harry lowered his voice, a growl escaping his lips. 

Chris took a deep breath, wiping his face with his palms as if this whole meet up was stressing him out. 

"Look, I already apologized to you for all that. I've done everything in my power to make up for that, even though I already know I'll never be able to. I regretted doing it the minute I did because I love you, you know that. And i'd appreciate it if you would stop bringing the past into everything that involves us because we both need to move on from it."

"It's hard to move on from something like that," I said, realizing what he was saying was true; he had done so much to try to fix the damage he had caused between us and i'd even told him i'd forgiven him, yet I always bring it up again and reopened the whole case. 

"I know, but at least give me the benefit of the doubt for trying," He asked.

"Okay, but I still don't know if I can trust that it wasn't you."

"I didn't do it, I have more respect for you and Harry than that. Look me in the eye and tell me i'm lying to you because i'd never do something like that."

I looked at him deep in the eye, for the first time in what seems like forever, and saw that he was sincere. Not only about the leaked pictures, but about how sorry he was for what he had done for me in the past. It was then that I realized how much he suffered for what he did, that he was also severely punished for his actions and he owned up to them. For the first time in years, I actually forgave him with my whole heart and made a silent promise to myself that I wouldn't go back on it again. 

"I believe you, but if you didn't do it then who did?" I said, looking at Harry with distress written all over my face. 

"I don't know, but if there's anything I can do to help you figure it out then i'll do it," Chris said, grinning at us reassuringly. 

"Thanks, well we've gotta get going. I'll text you later, Chris."

"Alright, see y'all later."

And we got up, walking out of the popular coffee place, no cameras to be seen. When we got back to my flat, Harry didn't give me the reaction I was expecting after finding out it wasn't Chris. 

"What if he was lying? You believed him so quickly, even after all he's done to you!" Harry raged, pacing around with his fists clenched at his sides. 

"I've forgiven him."

"Y-You've what? How could you forgive that monster?" He stuttered and yelled. 

"He wasn't lying when he said that he had done everything in his power to get me to forgive him. He has, i've just never realized it because I was so enveloped in my own hurt that I didn't realize how much he was hurt by the whole thing."

"How he was hurt? He didn't get a scratch!"

"Not physically. He had to go through a lot of emotional hurt, regret and hate from the whole world for his stupid mistake. He's gone to the moon and back to make it up to me and has never once tried to get out of it, he has always owned up to it. So yes, I forgive him. I owe him that, especially since i've been so cruel to him these past few years."

"Okay, whatever. It's not really my problem so i'll support you in that decision, however I think he's still a dick," Harry replied. 

"He's not that bad once you get to know him, but i'll support you in your decision to think that about him," I told him, laughing a bit. 

"Well if it's not him then who is it?" Harry asked, clearly frustrated that we're back to square one. 

"Maybe one of your ex's?"

"No, none of them would-- wait, I take that back. Taylor might have."

"Taylor? As in Taylor Swift?" I affirm.

"Yes. She didn't take the breakup very well, actually she took it horribly."

"Anyone else it could have been?"

"Honestly, she's the only one who I can think of that would do such a thing."

"Me too, she's always been a bitch to me. And now i'm in a relationship with you, so she probably wants me dead right now," I said, suddenly very afraid that the fair haired beauty might send a hit-man to come kill me or something crazy like that. 

"In that case, we better do some undercover work," Harry smiled.

"What, like spy's?" I laughed, praying he wasn't kidding.

"Exactly like spy's."

This is going to be fun.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: 

So that was chapter 14! I hope you all enjoyed it, I tried to make this chapter as close to how things went in real life as possible so it was more realistic (I even did a whole bunch of research on this whole subject, so gimme a vote for my dedication!). And how about that plot twist, huh? I completely changed up the story's direction! Mwahahahaha! ;)

Please vote, comment, fan, and share so more people can enjoy the fabulousness that is Maneater! 

-India xx (@CozzyLourry)