8.

Joe's POV

I ran. As fast as I could. To as far away as I could go. I could feel the cold November air hitting me, numbing my body, but I couldn't care less. My eyes were pooling with tears, obstructing my vision until everything around me was just a blurry mess. I didn't know where I was going. But that was not the point. I just wanted to escape. I wanted to run until my legs were hurting, until my body was begging me to stop.

I wanted to escape, from this nightmare that my life had become. I didn't want to think about Caspar, or his stupid face, with that stupid smile. The smile that I ruined with my truth. The smile that I may never be able to see or be the reason for. God, even thinking of it is killing me.

After running for what seemed like hours on end, I finally stopped to take a break. My lungs were burning and my legs were shaking. I took a few deep breaths to calm my heart that was now pounding like a sledgehammer.

I looked up to see that I was currently near a park. It had gotten quite dark and I was really tired. I located a bench and sat on it, shivering every now and then from the cool breezes that hit me.

I tried my best not to think about the events that took place this evening, blocking every thought that came into my mind that was even remotely related to Caspar. I hugged my jacket closer to my body and contemplated if I should just go home but my heart wasn't ready to face Caspar. He was the one who kicked me out in the first place. Booking a hotel for the night would've been a good option, if only I had my phone or wallet with me. Dammit.

I laid down on the park bench, looking up at the sky. It was pitch black. Not even a single star could be seen. Looking back to this morning, if someone had told me that I would be spending my night, lying on a stupid bench, in a stupid park at least 3 miles away from home, I would've laughed at their face. But look at me now. I gave out sad laugh at my pitiful situation and closed my eyes, still fighting the urge to cry my eyes out. I tried my best not to but I couldn't help the single tear that was now trickling down my face, forcing me to believe the sick truth that nothing was ever going to be the same. Ever.

A/N
Hii! Sorry for the late update. I had my exams in the previous week :p
I know this chapter is short but I will try to make up to it by uploading the next one early! Xxxx