9.

Caspar's POV

I woke up with a start to find myself lying on the floor, shivering with cold.  My first instinct was to call out for Joe but then the previous evening's events rushed back to my mind.

Joe's confession, me freaking out and kicking him out of the house and then me breaking down, all of it.
I was suddenly overcame with guilt.
It was as if someone kicked me in the gut.

I looked around to find any clue of Joe's presence but found none. I hesitantly called out to him but I got no answer in return. I ran to check his room and my room for even a single trace of his presence but all I got in return was disappointment.

This was when I started panicking. I frantically searched for him in the basement but he wasn't there either. After searching for him in each of the bathrooms I soon concluded that he wasn't at home.

I rushed to get my phone and called him. I bit my nails in an effort to try and distract myself from thinking the worst case scenarios that I knew were soon going to pop in my head if I didn't get a response from him soon. I was disappointed yet again when I heard the tell tale ringtone of Joe's phone in the nearby room. He left without his phone. Fuck. Shit. Dammit.

I pulled on my hair in a bout of frustration and anger. Shitshitshit. What do I do now?
I spent the next 10 minutes calling every person that I knew whose house Joe might have crashed in, but he wasn't anywhere to be found. Not even Zoë had any idea where he was.
I was so angry at myself. I wanted to cry and let it all out but I held it in. This was not the time for me to be a crybaby. I quickly grabbed my jacket, my phone, a water bottle and my car keys. I wrote a note for Joe in case he returned home before I did.

I told him that I was out looking for him and that I was extremely sorry for my behavior last night and hoped that he forgave me. I was being a shit friend and that he deserved so much more.

I didn't realize that while writing the note a single drop of tear fell down my face. I quickly wiped it off and closed my eyes. I needed to get my shit together. Without wasting any time I rushed out of the house, locking it.
I started the car amd decided to stop at any place that he might be staying. I knew that he didn't have his wallet and couldn't be staying at any hotel but I didn't want to lose hope.

----

My eyes were blurry with tears. I still hadn't found him after an hour of looking around. I even checked in any parks to see if he was there, but he wasn't. I was more heartbroken than I had ever been. I was so sorry. I let him down. I have been the worst friend to him. He doesn't deserve a piece of shit like me. I'll leave as soon as I reach home. That apartment is not home without him. Again, I was so so sorry..

----

Joe's POV

I woke up suddenly. Bright sunshine was shining straight in my eyes. It was too bright. Where was I again? Oh... Oh. Right. I sat up. My back was hurting a lot. Surprise, surprise. I reached for my phone to check the time but soon remembered that I left it at home. I stood up thinking it was finally time to return home. If Caspar still doesn't want me staying there, I'll go crash at Zoë's.  I started jogging towards our apartment, not ready to face him. But I didn't have a choice now, did I?

I reached home to find that the door was locked. I sighed and fetched the keys from underneath the doormat. Caspar really didn't want to see me, I guess. That hurt more than it should. I mean before coming out to him I knew deep inside that there was a chance he won't accept me. But he went as far as not even wanting to see me. That was what had me shocked.
I unlocked the door and stepped into the empty apartment. I walked into my room to find my phone and wallet still there. I was not in the mood to be bombarded with tweets, messages and what not. I turned it off without even looking at it and laid down on the bed. I was planning on laying down all day but my stomach begged me to differ. I decided to eat what was left over from yesterday. But I saw that the food hadn't even been touched since last night. I sighed, again. Cleaning up last night's mess took longer than I thought it would. I was even more hungry by the time I was done. Deciding on a quick meal of scrambled eggs, I started cooking.

That's when I heard the front door being opened. I took in a deep breath. Shit. Caspar was here. Oh god, what will he say if he saw me here? I turned around to hear a gasp from Caspar. He was staring at me with a look in his eyes, which I wasn't able to decipher. Was it relief? I don't know. I didn't want to make assumptions. None of us said a word. Caspar started walking towards me. I didn't know if he was going to hit me,  but I was scared nonetheless. I closed my eyes waiting for the worst to happen. But instead I was enveloped in a hug. That shocked me. I couldn't move. Caspar's arms were trembling around me and he was breathing roughly at my neck. My arms hung uselessly at my sides. I gathered up courage and loosely wrapped my arms around him. I knew this moment wasn't going to last for long so I held onto him. I breathed in his scent and captured every detail like this was the last time we were ever going to hug.
I was right. It didn't last long. It was as if someone zapped him. He immediately took a step back. He looked at me one last time and walked back to his room. I dropped to the ground. Too many emotions running through my mind. I could hear rumbling noises coming from Caspar's room as if some stuff was being moved around. The mystery was soon solved when Caspar walked out of the room with a duffel bag, which consisted of his stuff, I assumed. He looked at me and with a soft "I'm sorry, Joe." he left. Just like that. It all happened so fast that I couldn't take it. I finally started sobbing. Letting it all out. He hated me. This was it. The end of Joe and Caspar.

A/N
That was a long chapter! 1200 words jeez. Hope you liked it.
More chapters will be uploded soon. Leave a vote if you liked it.
Bye! xoxo