*1*

You watched at the summer trees faded past you like a blurred memory. Your father was driving while you sat in the back seat with your younger sister. You were seventeen your sister was nine. Your father got custody of you and your sister from the recent divorce from your mother. Your mother chose drugs over you and your sibling, so your father signed the divorce papers and moved out of state. It was a tiring and long drive until you arrived at your new home; you felt anxious and uncomfortable because you never lived or been to LA before and it was such a big place to get lost in. The car eased its way into the driveway of your new house. Your house was faded yellow with a big dark wooden door. There was a metal fence in the back yard and a small garden on the side. It was a nice home, but it wasn't your home. You sighed, unbuckling yourself as you grabbed your small backpack of necessities. Your sister was thrilled to have moved into a safer environment, but you weren't too fond of it. You missed what friends you had back at your old school and old house; luckily you remembered it was in the middle of June, so you had time to adjust to your surroundings.

The moving van that was behind your father's car parked itself slightly in the yard. While your father was helping the moving men carry the furniture inside the house, you took the time you had to spare to enjoy a nice walk. You sister noticed you walking off and stopped you in your tracks.

"Where are you going?" Her snobby and high pitched voice pierced your ears. She was like every bratty younger sister; always in pink and spoiled rotten.

"I'm taking a walk. Go play outside like a normal kid and leave me alone Serena." You took it upon you to assert the same tone of voice back to her. She scoffed, placing her small hand onto her chest for dramatic effect.

"Well I want to go too!" She proudly claimed, adjusting her stance to a more demanding posture. You rolled your eyes, pulling out your phone from your pocket.

"No way. Go inside and unpack your Barbies." Serena stomped her foot.

"If you don't take me, I'm telling dad!" You bent down to her level; in a sarcastic tone you replied, "Oh I'm so scared!" You flashed her a sassy smirk as she took it upon herself to let out the most loudest and highest scream she could.

"DADDY, Y/N WON'T LET ME TAKE A WALK WITH HER!" She yelled, getting your father's attention. You knew there wasn't a point to argue with him because he always took up for your sister. Your father looked at you from afar, and you knew the answer by the way he glared at you. You loudly exhaled, frustratingly rolling your eyes while your sister shot you a redeeming smile of innocence.

You and your sister walked alongside each other, admiring the scenery and the overwhelming smells of the bakeries nearby. You found a park nearby to take your sister to; while she played with the other small kids around the playground, you sat on the dirty and warm bench away from the play area. It was getting dark and you found your sister talking to a stranger. The stranger looked about your age with what seemed to be newly dyed blue hair. He was scrawny and about average height, and seemed nice. You made your way over to your sister, who looked as though she was flirting with the guy.

"Yeah, that's my sister over there." You overheard your sister talk about you, also noticing her pointing you out to the man she was talking to. She was sitting on a wooden park table while he was standing up.

"Serena, don't be starting any trouble. We haven't even fully moved in yet." You replied, finally arriving close enough to make out the details of the boy. He had a well sculpted face and he was pretty handsome too. His looks alone made you blush on the spot, but not enough to be noticed.

"No, it's okay. She seemed lonely, so I thought I could keep her company." He then introduced himself to you. His name was Ethan.

"I'm Y/n and this is my little sister Serena. Do you live around here?" You asked him. He smiled, pointing up where you came from.