*2*

(TRIGGER WARNING: CONTAINS SADNESS AND SERIOUS TOPICS) 

The next morning was hotter than it was yesterday; you woke up sweating in your sleep. You rubbed your eyes awake while stretching out your arms and legs.You yawned, trying to check the time. It wasn't too late in the day, so that was good. You shuffled out of your room to stop by Serena's. She was already up and playing with her toys. She noticed you by her door, stopping what she was doing to give you an angry stare.

"Do you mind?" She snickered, tumbling over herself to quickly shut her door. You laughed to yourself, turning to see if your father was back. You peeked through the crack in his dark room and noticed he wasn't home; you sighed.

"Is that one boy gonna come play?" Serena shouts from inside her room. 

"He's probably busy with other things." You replied, thinking to yourself how fun the day would be if he just came over.

"Well, go knock on his door and ask, dummy." Your sister begins to talk to you like you can't understand what she says.

"If you really want me to, I guess." You slipped on some shoes and walked out the door. Today was a nice and sunny day; you watched as cars sped by and if you listened hard enough, you could hear their music. You slowly walk over to Ethan's house, pondering to yourself how weird would it be if someone other than Ethan answered. Hopefully he did.

You knocked four times, waiting for the door to shift open. You waited a few seconds before you heard rapid footsteps making their way to the door. You hear faint talking from behind it; it sounded like Ethan. You shoved your hands in your pocket, waiting for him to open the door. As soon as he opened it, his eyes gleamed with joy.

"Y/n, hey!" He pulls you in for a hug. You awkwardly pat his back while he hugged you for a second.

"Hey, want to come over?" You asked; you didn't want to bother him if he had anything else he was doing.

"Yeah, sure! Give me a second." Ethan quickly slammed the door, speeding into his room to grab some things.

He tumbled out of the door, but luckily he caught himself. You laughed, helping him regain some of his balance.

"Excited much?" You sarcastically add, opening your door to your house.

"Just a little." He replied, walking you noth over to your new house. Your living room was much cleaner, but you still had boxes to unpack. Serena hears the door open and runs to the front door, hugging Ethan.

"He actually came over! He really does like us!" She giggled as Ethan rubs the top of her head.

"Yeah, you guys are pretty awesome." You witnessed as Serena drags Ethan to the couch, bombarding him with tons of things around our house.

"We got tons of games you can play and we even have twister!" You stopped your sister from talking his ears off.

"Okay, he gets it. Why don't you two figure out what we're gonna do first because I need to get out of my pajamas." It took you awhile to notice you were still in your sweatpants and tank top that you slept in, so you head back into your room.

Serena was left with Ethan in the living room. She decided to take this as an opportunity to ask him some questions.

"Isn't my sister so pretty?" Serena bats her eyelashes at Ethan while he glares at your door.

"She really is." He mumbled softly, looking back at Serena with her devilish smirk.

"Do you like her?" Once she said that, Ethan's face lit up. He didn't know what to think or say.