*6*

You kept ignoring your phone buzz in the passenger seat as you drove off to find her. The only thing left on your mind was Amelia. Multiple images within your mind; what you would do to her once you did see her, though for a split second,  you remembered Ethan's face; the way blood coated his face and bruises were left around his eyes. His eyes were dull and sunken, so much pain and sorrow behind his eyes. You knew deep down this wasn't the way to resolve the conflict, but you felt as though she deserved it. All the pain she caused Ethan; you love him and you feel the need to protect him at all cost.

You snapped out of your dark thoughts, finally checking your phone's messages and missed calls.

ETHAN: Y/N, WHERE ARE YOU?

ETHAN: I'M GOING TO FIND YOU. SERIOUSLY, ANSWER MY CALLS.

ETHAN: I LOVE YOU, DON'T DO THIS.

ETHAN: ME AND YOUR DAD ARE ON OUR WAY.

You left him on read, throwing your phone back in the passenger seat. You weren't going to stand around and let Amelia and her cliché hurt the only person who truly means the world to you. Ethan couldn't stand up for himself; he could only ignore and put up with so much. He cowers in fear even hearing her name, meaning whatever she done to him really scarred him. You remembered the feeling of cowering in fear from others, from bullies. You hated living that way, you wont have Ethan going through that, or anyone else for that matter.

As you kept driving, you noticed Amelia walk into a house; you assumed it was hers. You parked down the street near a light post, slamming the car door behind you and walking up to the house. You knocked; a young woman open the door.

Before the woman could get a word out, you assertively state, "Hello, I'm here to talk to Amelia." The woman walks you inside, ad as you walked in, you saw the immediate shock on Amelia's face.

She grabs the woman's sleeve, pulling her aside from you. "Mom, why did you let her in!" She starts to raise her voice at her. "I assumed you knew her, is she a friend from school?" She asked Amelia, but you decide to interrupt.

"Quite the opposite of friends, she beat up my boyfriend today and left severe bruising on his face and around his eyes." Amelia rolls her eyes, bringing her mothers attention back to her, "I would never do such a thing! Get out of my house, or I'm calling the police!" Her mother goes to ask you to leave, but you walk past her- making your way to Amelia. Your heart beat begins to rise, the adrenaline rush starts to set in. You back Amelia into a corner, she begins to scream and attempt to cower in the corner, begging you to not harm her. 

Though, your mind thought up millions of ways to hurt her. It echoed her name: Amelia, Amelia. You wanted to grab her by the hair and thrash her face against the hardest thing you could see in the house. You wanted blood to rain down her face, you wanted her to choke on her own blood. All these violent thoughts clouded your mind and your judgement. Then suddenly, you snapped.

"Amelia.."

All you remember was saying her name as you lunged for her throat.

***

You wake up outside on Amelia's porch. You shield your eyes from the pounding sun; you look over to see an ambulance care for Amelia. As you go to stand up, your legs begin to give out. Luckily Ethan runs over to you.

"Hey, be careful- you need some rest." You relax in his arms while he sighs, "Y/n, what happened?" He was worried about you; you groaned for a moment, trying to piece together in your mind what happened.

"I-I don't remember Ethan, is she okay?" Your voice was raspy and dry, you start to look down at your hands. You noticed your fingernails stained with blood- was it hers? As you attempt to stand up again, Ethan throws your arm over his shoulder and lifts you to your feet. He walks you back into the car, locking you inside. Looking out the window of the car you see the ambulance and your father outside the car. A flash of a memory shows-

You lunged for her throat, holding her body firmly against the wall. Her mother screaming to the side of you to let go, you heard the cries from Amelia pleading and begging you to let go, but the whole time holding her by her throat you thought of Ethan, how he was beaten and how he begged you not to start anything. You slammed her by her throat against the wall a good three or four times, each time with more force then the last. 

Remembering those flashbacks collected in your mind gave you a migraine. You wanted to remember more, but with the state of your condition it felt nearly impossible without your brain exploding. You felt awful for what you did, but at the same time, you felt better knowing when she wakes up, she'll know not to mess with Ethan, or anyone. The guilt weighed over your shoulders as you tried looking again, through the back window of the car. You saw your father walk back to the car- this didn't seem too good.

He opens the door, getting inside the driver's seat. He glares at you with no emotion, like usual; but this time, you were filled with fear. You weren't the person to do this, and acting like so was a surprise to everyone around you, especially your father. The silence killed you while Ethan climbed into the passenger's seat. The drive home was also silent, but luckily it wasn't too far. Ethan was dropped off at his house while your father parked his car. Before unlocking the doors or even turning off the car, he looks back at you as you bowed your head in shame. 

"You know, Amelia is now being hospitalized." He speaks up, "She's okay though." You sighed in relief. "Thank God-" You went to say until your dad interrupted you. "What did you do to her?" He asked you; you tried your best to remember more, but you couldn't.

"I don't remember. All I remember is seeing her face and holding her by the throat, then I woke up outside." You held your head; you gave yourself another headache trying to think about it too much.

Your dad turns the car off, stepping out of the car and into the house. You stepped out of the car after minutes of staying in the car. You walked in through the door, making your way into your room. Luckily you didn't have school for a few days, or you would have to deal with people talking about Amelia.

You messaged Ethan before bed.

Y/N: I'm sorry about everything. I just wanted the bullying to stop.

ETHAN: It's okay. I was glad you're alright. I love you and please get some sleep. <3

Y/N: I love you too. <3 <3