Chapter 4

Be the stunned dude==>

"I'm John Egbert."  He says. You stand there, comprehending what the boy in front of you just said.

This was him. The boy you hand known for years. The one who knew you better than anyone else. The boy you loved. This was John Egbert. His words snapped you our of your thoughts.

"Uh..Dave? " He asks while waving his hand in front of your eyes..er..shades. You snap your head towards him.

"Hm?"
"I said it great to finally meet you!"
"Yeah...Yeah you too." You grab his hand and shake it. He gives you this big goofy grin and all you thought was, 'Holy crap, he is cute...'

Be the cute kid==>

This was him. This is Dave Strider! Standing right in front of you. You still can't believe it. All these years of waiting had led up to this moment! You give him a grin, and you swear you saw him....blush? With his shades it's hard to tell... Oh well. You feel like you'd should conversate a little more.

"So the gang's all here now huh?"
"What?"
"Well Rose and Jade came before you, but now you're finally here."
"YeaH. I mean, I knew about Rose, but...it seems like such a cliche, huh? That all of us are here? It seems like this is some weird ass fan fiction or something. "
"Haha. Yeah. I bet the author would be so fucking weird."

You stop as you approach a door. First period. You grab Dave's hand and pull him into the door. You go to your desk and sit him down at the one next to you.
"You can sit here. It's an empty seat." You both sat down and waited for the teacher to start her lesson. You feel like it's going to take a while, so you start to conversate yet again.

"So you came here just in time."
"Why do you say that? "
"The winter dance! We have it every year. The bad thing is..I don't really have a date. "

For some reason, this grabbed his attention...strange.

"Really?"
"Yeah I mean, Rose is going with Kanaya, and I can't really take Jade. Well I could, but that would just be weird as hell...and I can't very well take you."
"...we could just go as friends."
"Yeah but...think of what everyone will say."
"For you, I'm willing to take that chance."
"You would seriously do that for me?"
"Why not? And if anyone says something stupid, they'll have to answer to me."

You were speechless. The best friend you thought you would never meet is doing this for you.

Just then, the teacher walked in and started her lesson. You didn't pay very much attention though. Dave kept passing you funny notes that almost got you two in trouble. The next few periods went similar to that, until finally it was lunch. Dave had to meet everyone.

But everyone else was being a douche. They kept coming up to Dave, commenting on his coolness and whatnot. One girl even came up to him and stroked his hair. She turned and said to another girl, "It is as soft as that paintbrush this morning!" Then they both started stroking his hair. Another girl came up and pulled them away, apologizing and muttering something about being the only fairly normal one on the group.

Finally, you grabbed him by his hand and pulled him to your table. Luckily, everyone was already there.

"Hey guys, look who I found." You say, Dave in tow behind you. Rose was the first to speak.
"Hello John. Who is tha-?" She turned around to face you and the blonde boy next to you. Her eyes widen and her hand covers her mouth.
"Dave?" She said. He nodded and she hugged him tighter than you did. Jade joined the conversation too. "Dave!" She pounced on him too, and he fell onto the ground. You stood off to the side, snickering. His muffled voice came up.

"Its great to see you guys too, but damn." They laughed and got off. You held your hand out to help him up and you swear he blushed again. But thanks to those damn shades, you couldn't tell.

You all sat down when Jade said, "So John, have you told Dave about the dance yet?" You nodded and told them about Dave's offer, and then Rose stood up.
"Dave, may I talk to you in private for just a second please?" He nodded and walked off with her. You wondered what they were talking about.

Be Dave==>

Rose pulled you off to talk to her about Gog knows what. She walked you a little ways away from Jade and John, out of their earshot at least.

"So what's up?"
She had on a weird evil looking smirk.
" 'What's up' is you and John. Did you seriously make that offer to him?" She did air quotes around "what's up." You knew where this was leading.
"Yeah I mean...I wouldn't want my best bro to miss out." That smirk of hers grew wider.
" 'Best bro'? I thought you wanted more than that. Do you not remember that conversation we had a little while ago?"
"I remember. Its just that...he won't feel the same way about me."
"How do you know that? Who knows, taking him to this dance might lead to something. He might fall for you too." You shook your head in annoyance.
"Rose, you know he always says he not a homo. Plus,he is not that big an idiot to be the one that falls for me.Just forget this entire thing. Taking him to the dance might mean something for me and you, but not for him. He will never fall for me and you know it." You said as you walked away toward the table. Yeah you were a little harsh to her, but it was the undeniable truth. Someone like John would never fall for someone like you. Ever.

.....right?