Chapter 8

Be John==>

It was the day after the little...incident. They had let you out of the hospital because, other than a few bruises, you were surprisingly just fine. Erik had gotten another suspension, and this time it was longer.

But enough about that douche Erik. What you focused on was what happened between you and Dave. Sure, you didn't actually kiss, but you had been so close.

You've been thinking about telling Rose, since she is like a psychologist, but she might tell Dave.

Since it was the weekend, you've been thinking about asking Dave to come over. Just to hang around and maybe resolve the whole almost kissing thing.

Ding!

Speaking of Dave...

----turntechGodhead[TG] began pestering ectoBiologist[EB]----

TG:hey man
EB:oh hey dave
TG:so whats up
EB:i dunno
EB:you messaged me
EB:you tell me whats up
TG:oh
TG:right
TG:i kinda wanna...
TG:come over to your place
EB:actually, I was gonna ask you if youd wanna come over
EB:so yeah
TG:great
TG:see ya in a little bit

----turntechGodhead[TG] ceased pestering ectoBiologist[EB]----

Well then.

Be Dave==>

That almost kiss had been itching at the back of your mind ever since it happened. You had been contemplating telling Rose about it, since she's the obvious choice. You also kinda wanted to talk to him about it, but this was a face-to-face matter. That lead to you asking to come over, and him saying yes...

Did you just make the biggest mistake of your life? Probably. What were you thinking? Asking to come over to his place the day after you almost kiss him. He might want to talk about it! Better now then never...

~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~

You are now currently sitting on the derp's bed, with an awkward silence in the air. The atmosphere felt thick with tension, and you didn't know how to break the ice..

"Soo...." his voice broke you out of your thoughts.
"So.."
"Yup."
"........okay let me just say what we're both thinking right now," you said getting up abruptly, which you think startled him. You didn't have to worry about his dad hearing you, he was at work.
"Its also what we know I came over for. We almost kissed."
"Wow, Dave. Could you be a little more blunt?"

You rolled your eyes, a move that he couldn't see.

"Dude, we need to straighten things out here."
"In this case, I don't think straight is the right word," he said with a mischievous grin. You just glared and he said, "Sorry, I couldn't resist!"
"Okay, but seriously....we need to talk about it."
"Yeah..."
"Did it...did it mean anything to you? I mean, you were the one leaning in first..."
"Yeah but...I...n-no." You heard hesitation in his voice.
"What?"
"It didn't mean anything really. I guess it was just....that I was in the heat of the moment, ya know?" You nodded in agreement. Those words...kinda hurt.
"Yeah I know what you mean man."
"Did it..mean anything to you?"
"What? Oh...No. I guess it was like you said, the heat if the moment."
"Yeah..."
"......Now that that's cleared out of the way....still best bros?" You held out your fist. He smiled and bumped your fist.
"Still best bros."

Be John==>

What the fuck did you just do? You freaked out that's what. You told him it meant nothing, but it really meant every thing!

Then you told him that it was just, "the heat of the moment." What. The. Everloving. Fuck. That is one of the most overused, and one of the most stupid, excuses ever!

You could just go on and on with this rant, but there are more pressing matters at hand here....he said it didn't matter to him either. Maybe he was just making excuses, like you? What if it actually did mean something to him? What if it didnt? What if he hates you now?!

Okay, calm. Calm down before you start hyperventilating. You're calm now.....No you're not. Oh Gog, what if this makes everything awkward now? Nah, you got that out of the way...man, you are on a emotional rollercoaster right now. That's it.

You are talking to Rose about this, even if it kills you.....it might. But, oh well! She'll help you sort things out, right? That is, if she doesn't tell Dave...

//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\/
I would like to apologize for any spelling and/or grammatical errors for this and past chapters. I do quick read-throughs. Sowwy! (=>_<=)