Chapter 18

((Merry Birthday all. It's short, but be thankful my longer than expected hiatus is broken.....for now. ))

==>Dave:????

What is this?

You looked around. Darkness surrounded you.

Get me out of here! What's going on...where am I?!

The last thing you remember is your little argument with Bro. Then.... oh.

.....why am I here? Where is here?

What exactly is going on?

Just then, you saw a small light. You don't know what the hell is going on, but it seemed to be coming closer. You saw faint blurry images swirl within the light.

"What the hell...?"

As the light and you came in closer proximity to the other, the images cleared up to reveal a less blurry one. You cannot see the true image,but rather slightly blurred shapes. It seemed to be an image of a some people in a bland room, sitting and standing near a bed. The image cleared up completely, and the first thing you noticed was the seemingly teenage male on the bed. He looked eerily familiar...

Platinum blonde hair, freckles, pale skin...you. You were viewing....yourself. You noticed your shades were off and on the floor next to a usually tough Rose, who was now sobbing.

If Rose is crying, you do not want to see what the others are doing.

But, curiosity dulled your sense, and you looked anyway. Bro was sitting on the side...crying? That...hit you by surprise.

You noticed that there were other people in the room too. Was that... Dirk? Wasn't he away at college? You noticed another boy next to him. Must've been that dude he was always talking about.

What really hit you the hardest was John. John. The one who always had a smile. The one who cheered you up. The only one you felt comfortable enough to smile around. The one cracking jokes and pulling pranks.

Now, he was sitting next to an unconscious(?) you, crying his eyes out. He is usually so happy. It wasn't right, wasn't fair, to see him like this. You didn't wanna see him crying. You didn't wanna see him sad. You didn't wanna see him broken.

But here we are.

You never were one to assume, and you knew more than anyone that many of the happiest people are usually the most broken, but.... It killed you to see the one you love like this.

There were others in the room too- Kanaya, John's Dad- but they were mostly there for comfort. Kanaya holding Rose as tears streamed down both of their cheeks. John's Dad rubbing John's back while looking at the bed solemnly.  You weren't quite looking at the picture anymore though.

You were staring straight at it, but you weren't looking at it. Your mind wandered to various places as to what is exactly happening.

You took the time to look around your current state and noticed a few ((Space)) oddities.

For one, the light picture thing taking up half the damn place. Then you noticed that the place was endless. You seemed to be floating in a near empty void, yourself and the light being the only occupant. As the thought crossed your mind, the light diminishes into non existence. You are slowly encased by the darkness that surrounded you a few moments ago. Can this get any worse?

"Hello David."

THINGS JUST GOT WORSE.