Chapter 11

((Sorry for this being late, I'll try harder in the future, didn't have any WiFi, yada yada yada, you guys get the gist. Longer chapter to make up for it?))

==>John:Get ready for New Year's

Ah, New Year's day. The day where everyone makes resolutions and plans for the future. Then, those resolutions are broken and those plans fail miserably.

You never did have much luck on New Year's. Something bad always happened to you. But this time, it felt different. It was different. This was the year that was gonna be great. The day was actually going great. Apart from the cakes your dad tried to give to you, of course. Hopefully, that newfound luck will last…

But no negativity for you today. You vowed to make this day the best you had ever experienced. You wanted to start this year off right. Especially since this year is Dave's first New Year in Washington. You invited him over and he should be at your house any minute now. You just had to make sure everything stayed as perfect as it could get.

[-]-[-]-[-]-[-]-[time shkip because reasons]-[-]-[-]-[-]-[-]

A few hours later, Dave had knocked on your door and you had pulled the blonde up to your room. It was getting dark, but the fireworks show wouldn't start until midnight.

To pass the time, you and Dave were preparing for the night by sneaking tons of snacks and drinks up to your room. He was going to stay at your house that night, and you planned to have enough stuff for the entire night.

It was hard to hide them because of your dad. He would occasionally come up to your room by bringing you baked goods, which you refused to eat. He kept coming because Dave actually liked the products of the Batterwitch. You wouldnt go near that stuff. You wondered why he liked them though.

You and Dave had played some pranks on your friends too. He wanted to try that thing where you text song lyrics to people. You knew exactly who to do it on first. Karkat mainly responded by cussing you two out, as he always does. You guys did it to your other friends too; Rose, Jade, Aradia, Terezi, Tavros, and everyone else. They were weirded out at first, then caught on. Some of them were a little mad.

The time passed slowly, but you didn't mind. If you spent that time with Dave, you didn't care if it was fast or slow. Speaking of Dave, he was talking to Rose about “something secret and important and none of your business,” whatever that meant…

==>Dave:Talk to Rose

You had gone over to Egderp’s for the day and to stay the night. You guys had done a prank that required texting. It somehow reminded you that you never told Rose about your plan to confess to John. What better time to do it than now?

After you and john had finished the prank, you told him you were going to talk to Rose for a little while.

“What are you gonna talk to Rose about?”

“I gotta tell her something secret and important and none of your business.”

“Well okay then.”

----turntechGodhead[TG] began pestering tentacleTherapist[TT]----

TG:rose

TG:I gotta tell you something

TG:its important

TT:Dave, if this is another attempt to prank me by sending me song lyrics, I will strangle you the first chance I get.

TG:nah

TG:but remind me never to prank you again

TT:What were you going to tell me, Dave?