Chapter 6

((Yay, finally got some WiFi at a hospital...))

Be John==>

It was the day of the dance, and you were making sure everything was ready. Sprawled in front of you, on your bed, was the tux that Rose's girlfriend had made for you. Kanaya is the greatest seamstress you have ever met...well the only one you have ever met. Still, she was good.

You stood back and looked at the tuxedo she had made for you. It was really amazing. It was a navy blue tux with a matching tie, and a light blue undershirt. It had your little breath symbol on the pocket. You had wondered briefly what Dave was gonna look like. That was until you heard your dad yell from downstairs. "John, you're gonna be late!"

The truth is, you had been ready to go for a while now. You had just been getting everything ready for that night. You seriously hope that it might be the best night of your life.

Dave had said that you we're going as, "just friends", but you wanted more than that. Of course, if you ever told him that, he'd either reject you or say, "but don't you always say, 'no Homo?' "

You snapped out of your thoughts before you started thinking of different scenarios that could happen. You tend to lose track of time when you do that.

You grabbed your backpack and ran downstairs. "Mkay bye dad see you later!" You said as you ran out the door and to the bus stop. You almost collided with Dave when you got there.

"Woah man, slow your roll."
"Sorry, thought I was gonna be late."
"Well you came right on time, actually," he said while pointing to the bus, which was barely rounding the corner. You sighed in relief. The bus pulled up to the stop and everyone got on.

You and Dave sat down in one seat and discussed what the plan was for when you got out of school and headed to the dance. The plan went like this: when the bell rang for the day to end, you'd walk home with Dave. Then, you'd go home and change and wait for him to come by. Since he only lives a few blocks away, he would come by your house to chill for a little while after getting changed himself. At 7:00 (the dance started at 7:30), you'd go with him to go meet up with everyone at the school. Since it had would snow a little bit that day and it would be hard to walk, Dave would drive his car that his brother had gotten him.

You had just finished planning out the night when the school came into view.You and Dave got up and out. When you walked in the building, Dave had gone off to got to the bathroom.

When you reached your locker, you stopped. You felt your heart stop as you gazed at what was sprawled across you locker door. The bold words were repeated all across the front. "FAGGOT" "GAY" "LOSER " "DORK" If that wasnt't bad enough, what happened next was even worse.

Be Dave==>

You had walked off towards the bathroom after talking to Egderp about the dance. He was so excited, and it was so adorable.

You neared the boy's bathroom when you heard two voices coming from inside. You didn't really recognize either of them. You hid behind the wall that was outside the doorway so you could listen in on their conversation. Yeah, it was eavesdropping, so what?

"Hey did you hear 'bout them two guys?"
"The ones going to the dance?"
"Yeah those idiots. The new kid and the dork. Damn homos don't need to be there."
"Don't worry. I heard Erik was gonna take care of them."
"Yeah. I heard they got the dork reeeaall good."
"When he's through with them, those fags won't ever want to come back."

They had both started laughing. You got real worried. Dork? New kid? They had to be talking about you and John...John...You left John alone! What if they do something to him? You ran as fast as you could to John's locker. What you saw was horrible.
"JOHN!"

Be said John==>

After you had seen your locker, someone grabbed you from behind and pinned your arms behind your back. You wiggled and squirmed around some, but that didn't help. Someone walked up to you. You knew him as Erik, the school's football star and bully. You thought you hit a lucky streak when he got suspended, but apparently his suspension was over. The one holding you was probably one of his stupid goons.

"Hey there faggot," he said to you.
"Heard you were going to the dance with your boyfriend, the new kid."
"You got it all wrong!" You said, trying your best not to get beat on today.
"We're not dating! Were just friends!"
"Yeah, right. Then why are you going to the dance with him?"
"We're just going as frie-" You were cut off by Erik punching you in the gut.

You had gotten the wind knocked out of you. He had thrown a few more punches,this time to your eye, mouth, stomach, and cheek. Your cries of pain had apparently brought joy to his face. He kicked you in the stomach and then kneed you in the groin. He had his goon throw you to the ground and then he yelled,
"That's what you get! We don't need fags in this school! And if you know what's good for ya, you won't come to the dance tonight!" Then he motioned for his goon to cone with him. "C'mon Arthur, lets leave this fag alone for his boyfriend to come save him!"

You lay there, wheezing and trying to breathe while he walked off. His goon turned around and kicked you in the stomach.
"Fag!"

You lay there in complete agony. Every breath you took caused a sharp pain in your chest. You felt blood trickle out of your nose and mouth. They had broken your glasses and possibly your nose. The edges of your vision became swimmy and blurry.

The last thing you heard before blacking out was you best friend's screaming.

"JOHN!"