Chapter 14

((HEY LOOK, I UPDATED MOTHERFUCKERS! PROVING THAT I AM NOT DEAD[I probably will be though...Also, did you notice the title change?] ))

==>Dave:Stay in bed all day because it's a Saturday.

Nah.

As much as you would like to do that, you already made plans to go to Egderp's place. Surprisingly enough, you two had gone back to being best friends. Actually, everything went back to normal. You and Bro had actually made up after the conversation you had with John a little while back. After you logged off, he slipped another slice of pizza under the door. That time, you opened it and tackled him into a hug, muttering an apologies over and over again.

Surprisingly enough, he wasn't mad. He just said it was alright and let you go do your shit. He didn't try to butt in or anything. Which of course, you hated when he did that. Thank gog he didn't in this situation. You didn't really feel like talking about it much.

Back to the now, you stood in front of Egderp's door, hand placed and ready to knock. Your hand faltered a bit and went to your side. Why was this so hard? Why can't you do this? Maybe it was because this was the first time you came over since New Year. Right before you finished the thought, the door opened, revealing the dork himself.

==>John:Get the Strider

As in, invite him over. He was supposed to already be on his way. Supposed to. Who knew if he was even coming? Would he want to come? He hasn't been over since the...."incident", let's call it. Maybe it'll trigger memories for him... Karkat's brother always says to try not to "#trigger" anyone..Just then, something inside you said to look out the window.

So, you did, and suddenly, a wild Dave Strider appeared! Right in front of your door....just staring at it. And he says you're weird....

You ran downstairs and opened the door to a surprised looking Dave. He probably hadn't expected you to open the door. You smiled and pulled him inside and up to your room.

"Jeeeeeeez, you're so fuckin slow, Dave." You didn't have to worry about your dad hearing you, seeing as he was at work.

"Yeah yeah, shut it Egderp."

You giggle slightly as he smirks. You make it to your room and Dave flops on your bed as you close the door behind you. You go over and sit down beside him, and he lifts up his feet and puts them on your lap. You lean back and sigh.

"So are we gonna do something or just stay like is all day?" You ask. Dave shrugged.

"I dunno...this feels good though...feels nice..." His words sound like he's tired. To be quite honest, exhaustion washed over you in a wave(that happened sometimes). You felt your eyelids grow heavy as sleep threatened to take over. You took a quick glance at Dave, his chest rising abd falling in a slow, calm pattern.

He was asleep.

And now...so were you...

♈♉♊♋♌♍♎♏♐♑♒♓

You woke up and felt an eerie silence. You looked to your side, and Dave was gone. You also noticed a note on the nightstand next to your bed.

Yo john

sorry that i had to leave so soon, bro picked me up. have to go somewhere with him I guess...anyways ill see ya later egderp

-Dave

You smiled a bit at the short note and looked out your window, surprised to see that the sun had gone down. You rubbed your eyes and decided it'd be best to go downstairs for a little while; you're dad was sure to be there, and you wanted to see what he was up to.

You opened the door and heard the phone ring, then stop. Your dad must've picked up.

And now it's time for....Eavesdropping, with John Egbert.

You laughed softly and silently to yourself, imagining a deep announcer voice saying that.

You crept down the hall, staying on top of the stairs and out of sight.

"Hello?"
"Oh, h-"
"Mhmm.."
"Oh..wow.."

From the sound of your dad's voice, it kinda sounded like he was worried, like this was bad news....you suddenly wondered if eavesdropping was even a good idea.

"O-okay..well, thanks for calling, I guess.."
"I hope everything'll be alright. Bye.."

He hung up and chewed in his bottom lip nervously.

'Oh No.'

He only did that when he was really, really nervous...or when something bad happened. You weren't sure which one it was, or if it was both...
That's it, you're going down there. Just...pretend you didn't hear anything Egbert.

You stood up and walked over to the staircase.

"....dad?"

He turned around with a look of....pain(?) in his eyes..

"Oh, John...sit down. I need to tell you something. "

'THIS IS NOT GOING TO BE GOOD, THIS IS NOT GOING TO BE GOOD, THIS IS NOT GOING TO BE GOOD, THIS IS NOT GOING TO BE GOOD, THIS IS NOT GOING TO BE GO-'

"Okaaaaaaaay..."

You sat down on the couch and he sat next to you. He mumbled something that sounded like...something not being easy?

"John...I just got a call from Bro, Dave's brother. I'm sure you've heard about him by now."

'THIS INVOLVES DAVE?!?! FUCK FUCK FUCKITY FUCKING FUCK FUCK.'

"Yeah, I have but..w-what was the call about..?" The quiver in your voice was hardly noticeable, but it was there.

"Well...He and Dave were driving back to their apartment, and somehow.....they got into a crash"

"Are you serious?! Are they okay?! Pleeeeaaaase tell me they're alright!" You yelled, jumping up.

"Well, Bro had said he just had a broken arm and some scratches...but Dave on the other hand..."

Your eyes grew wide and your heart pumped rapidly in your chest. You thought that if it got anymore quiet, the while block could hear your heartbeat.

"I'm just gonna say it...."

His next words hit you like a train, and you stopped dead silent. You couldn't breathe. Never in your life did you think you had to hear these words.

"Dave suffered severe trauma to his head, and now he's in a coma."