Chapter 12

((I've been really procrastinating...Sorry.•n))

==>Dave:Abscond like no tomorrow

After what seemed like hours upon hours of running, your apartment building came into view. You dashed like a madman up the stairs. When you got to your door, your hands scrambled for the keys. You didn't know exactly why you were rushing you just were. Before you opened the door, you took a second to calm down. When that finally happened, you opened e door slowly and quietly.

To your surprise, Bro was sitting on the couch. You didn't even know he would be there. He was never at home any other day. Why choose now to come home?

"Hey lil man. Where you been?"

"A place called none if your business."

"I was just asking, jeez...have you been crying?"

Your hands went to your cheeks. Sure enough, they were wet. You hadn't even felt the tears come out.

"What's it to you anyways?"

"Hey, I'm just worried."

"Since when to you even give one fuck about me?"

"Ya know, you're right. I realized I don't spend enough time with you. Sorry."

You just scoffed and headed to your room. You hated when he, or anyone for that matter, did things like that. You didn't like apologies because you hated when people said things they didn't mean. He didn't give two shits about what you did, said, or where you went. Why was he even trying?

"Where you going?"

"To my room, where else?"

"Dude, I just wanted to talk to you."

"....why?"

"What?"

You went back to where he was sitting. All those years of holding back, of biting your tongue, of pushing back your anger and hatred towards your brother..they were finally going to come out.

"I said why. Why do you choose to finally care about me? WHY NOW?! YOU NEVER CARED ABOUT ANYTHING I EVER DID! WHY OF ALL TIMES DO YOU CHOOSE NOW!? RIGHT NOW I WANTED TO BE ALONE AND YOU WANNA FINALLY CARE ABOUT ME!?"

"Dave..I'm sorry just calm do-"

"NO! DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN! DON'T APOLOGIZE! JUST DON'T SAY ANYTHING! GO BACK TO THE WAY YOU WERE BEFORE AND IGNORE ME AND DON'T TALK TO ME! I DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOUR BULLSHIT ANYMORE!"

In the middle of your rant, you hadn't notice that the tears came back. The tears that you held back for your entire life started spilling out and they wouldn't stop.

He didn't say anting after your last words, so you glared and stormed off to your room.

Talk about starting New Year's with a bang.

==>John:Regret your past decisions

"I love you"

When you heard those words come from Dave's mouth, you didn't know what to do. Your brain was screaming at you to accept and that this was your chance to finally be with him. Your chance to be happy. Your chance to love. But of course, your mouth had another plan.

"Dave...I just...I don't..."

The shock of his words were still sinking in when you said that. You didn't know quite his to respond when he said those three words. He said he had to go and jumped off the roof. You were really worried that he was gonna hurt himself, but you remembered him saying that Bro teaches him survival things. He ran off after he jumped, so you wondered if jumping off a roof without getting hurt was one of them...

Back to the present, Dave was long gone now, most likely still running off towards his house while tears pricked at the back of your eyes. You didn't mean to hurt him. You didn't mean to say that. You didn't mean to do anything wrong. Would he ever forgive you? What if he never does? What will happen to your friendship?

Those tears threatened to fall as you heard a knock from the door. The show had already ended and you had gone back inside your bedroom. You were sitting on your bed and you wiped your eyes with your blankets as quickly as you could.

"C-come in!"

Your dad walked in holding two cupcakes, probably for you and Dave. Well you would've given yours to Dave...dave...Even though he hasn't been gone a relatively long time, you miss him so much.

"Happy New Year John."
"Happy New Year Dad..".

He looked around the room for a second and turned to you. He said what you thought he would.

"Where's Dave?"
"Oh..he um..forgot that he had to stay home tonight."

That sounded like a believable excuse right? Boy you hoped so...

"Okay then...Well, I best be going now. Goodnight John."
"Night Dad."

You thought you heard the merest hint of disbelief in Hus voice, but you brushed it off. It was probably just your imagination. You looked to your nightstand on the side if your bed. The numbers read "2:57". Could it really be that late? Time really did go by fast. ((Yeah, because Dave ran fast.))

You put your glasses on your nightstand and wrapped your blankets around yourself. You felt comfortable on the outside, but you felt like crying on the inside. You wanted to fall asleep, but you couldn't with these thoughts swirling around in your mind.

What happens when you go back to school?

Will Dave be mad at you?

Will he ever talk to you again?

Will you tell him of your feelings?

What exactly will happen between you two?

«»«»«»«Major time skip here because I'm lazy.»«»«»«»

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

The alarm clock went off, signaling you had to get up and go to hell. Some people call it school. You call it the end of John Egbert.

You grabbed your glasses and put them on, groaning. The ought suddenly struck you that yours and Dave's lockers were next to each others. This was gonna be an extremely long day...

\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//
Heyyyyy....You guys are mad at me for not updating as much, aren't you? I'll admit, I have been procrastinating. I promise I'll make it up! I'll work harder at these and try to update more often. Try... (=• H •=)
Mkay. Bai.