The Instructor

How had I ended up here? In a pole dancing class that I was dragged to by my best friend?

Well that's a question that I'll never be capable of answering.

"Victor, can't you at least look a little enthusiastic?" Chris glanced over at me from where he was undoing his shoes. He had insisted that I join him, saying I'd be a natural, telling me it'd make a great new hobby. But, I knew the real reason he wanted me come along.

He wanted me to meet his instructor.

The way Chris described him physically, he sounded pretty plain. Even with Chris' usual exaggeration of noticeable traits, in this case "small and precious" with "silky black hair" and "gorgeous, sparkling, brown eyes" he sounded like any other guy with glasses.

Suddenly, Chris looked up from his shoes and smiled at something; without even looking I knew what it was. Or, in this case, who it was. When I myself looked up, I nearly did a double take.

This was the instructor?

But, he looked so... Innocent.

"Yuuri~" Chris immediately went over to the young man and invaded his personal space. His brown eyes widened slightly as Chris' hand swiftly brushed against his butt, his breathing noticeably hitching in surprise.

"Chris," he replied, clearly calming down once he realised who it was that was touching him. 

The two began talking quite casually after that, although the raven-haired man seemed like a nervous wreck. How was this the pole dancing instructor?

It was actually several minutes before I was remembered by Chris, or even noticed by the young man. It only happened because he broke eye contact from embarrassment over something.

"Oh, I see Chris brought a friend along."

I could see the nerves vibrating off of his body, despite the way he was clearly, desperately trying to keep his voice calm. He was surprising me more with every second, but nothing was more surprising to me than the look in his eyes.

Shock.

And recognition.

Was he a skating fan? I'd have to ask Chris later on.

Rather than making a big thing out of it I decided to simply give him one of my dashing smiles to ease the tension as I spoke, "Hi! I'm Victor, you're Yuuri, right?"

Instead of easing the tension my smile seemed do the complete opposite, and caused his face to flush up right to his ears. It was... Cute...

"Y-yeah, that's me! I'd better go get ready, I'll only be a minute!"

I turned to Chris, "Is he always that nervous?"

He laughed lightly in response, a small smile gracing his lips.

"Only out of classes, on a pole he's like a completely different person. Although, this is the worst I've seen him..."

I didn't even get to ask if Yuuri was a skating fan before he reappeared from the changing rooms.

Wow.

If this was the change from only taking a pair of glasses off and slicking his hair back, out of the way, then I couldn't imagine the change that a pole would add to the alter-ego he seemed to possess.

The warm up exercises flashed by. I didn't pay much attention to what either of them were saying to be honest, I was too enthralled by Yuuri to even notice Chris. I found it hard to focus on what I was doing myself rather than the rounded behind of the younger, Japanese man as he sat in the side-splits.

'Victor, head up, focus, get your mind out of the gutter," I tried telling myself, but I continued to fail miserably at that, especially that last one.

Before long the rest of the lesson was flying past, much to my annoyance at the lack of time. Why did classes only have hour-long slots at the longest?

Unsurprisingly, Chris had been right, I was a natural. I guess it was the skating that made it possible but it all seemed to come to me easily, looking nearly polished on only my first attempt. Each move made me feel as though I was completing something half-impossible, even if the moves that Yuuri was instructing me on weren't even close to as difficult as Chris'. 

"Wow, most people take at least a month to get to your level, Victor," he called over to me from where Yuuri was adjusting his pose, "He's great, isn't he, Yuuri!"

My own eyes met with the colour of chocolate as he turned around to face me, our eyes making contact as he did so.

Suddenly, it seemed like I was face to face with the cute, shy man who'd walked in earlier instead of the pole dancing casanova I'd seen over the previous hour, his normal self breaking through.

"Y-yeah, he's amazing..."

What had I done to make him so nervous again? He didn't even seem so uncomfortable around Chris once he'd been there about ten minutes, and Chris can make almost anyone uncomfortable! The blush was returning to his cheeks as I smiled over at him, trying once more to ease his nerves around me. Clearly, just smiling wasn't the best tactic since it seemed to only result in him tilting his head down and glancing up at me through awe-filled eyes and shrinking into himself shyly.

A silence rested upon the studio, seemingly waiting for an eternity to pass, with Yuuri and I just staring into each other's shining orbs... Wait, what am I, a shoujo manga heroine? Who on earth uses the term "shining orbs" in anything that isn't a shitty fanfiction?

Before eternity could pass however, Chris broke the silence, "Oh, we've gone five minutes over time already."

I half wanted to thank, half wanted to slap Chris for breaking the moment.

But, I'm not that evil, so a slap was out of the question, and a thank you would be too random so instead I just left it unsaid and helped to tidy up Chris' crash mat instead.

It wasn't long before we were getting changed back into our regular clothes again. Chris had gone off to the toilets and God only knows what he does in there that could take him so long (although I do have an idea, I don't want to think about it). Instead of waiting for him in the changing rooms I decided it would be better to wait outside, and maybe get a chance to talk to the small Japanese man while I was at it.

I slung my bag over my shoulder and made my way over to the door before opening it, walking through it, closing it again and continuing along the corridor. You know, how everyone uses a door. If you do have any other way to use a door then, while I'm slightly intrigued, I'd rather not know how you use it as I'd probably require brain-bleach (and perhaps eye-bleach if you chose to give a physical demonstration as well).

As I got to the end of the corridor I noticed that the studio door was open a fraction. Peeping through wasn't too hard, but once I saw what was happening in the studio something else was.

No! Not that, get your mind out of the gutter! (Although if I stared at the sight in the studio long enough then it might be.)

It was hard to stay up right after I saw what was behind the door.

How was it that, even on a pole, he was more stainless than the steel it was made of?

A/N: I don't know how often I'll be able to update this but I'm really happy to be contributing to the fandom ^-^. In the coming chapters some things will be given context, such as where this takes place and all that jazz.

Chapter 1 finished: 17.12,16

~Madie x