Beauty On Blades

I had known Yuuri was beautiful beforehand, but after Klara cancelled a lesson due to her lingering hangover, I truly knew how beautiful he was.

"He's quite the sight, isn't he."

I almost jumped a foot in the air when I heard Phichit's voice behind me. Just how long had he been standing there? His surprise appearance had taken me so off-guard that I had to grip the side of the rink to regain my footing.

For a moment, he just stood there looking innocent, before keeling over with laughter at my reaction.

"Sorry," he laughed, "I didn't know you'd be that zoned-out."

Somehow, I couldn't bring myself to glare at him and instead opted to return to watching Yuuri on the rink. I watched closely as he came out of a sit spin and began a gentle lap around the edge; it was probably to regain his balance.

After about half a minute, he began to pick up speed again and skated further into the centre of the ice. I locked my eyes firmly onto his positioning as he prepared to enter a jump.

My heart sat in my throat as he came off of the ice and and rotated cleanly with his arms crossed tightly across his chest.

A tripl- wait no!

A quad toe loop.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My arms gave way from where they were holding my face off of the rink wall, leaving me with my upper body at a ninety-degree angle from my lower half and my chin just resting on the hard plastic.

Yuuri landed the jump smoothly with only the slightest of wobbles and continued his laps around the rink with a small smile on his face.

I was fully aware that I looked like an idiot with my jaw hanging open, ready to catch flies and bent over at the hips with a perfectly flat back. Was I ashamed? No, no I was not.

At least, I wasn't until I heard the telltale shutter sound of Phichit's phone camera.

Oh well, a picture wouldn't hurt anyone surel- ping. My phone alerted me to a new Instagram post by phichit+chu...

I turned to glare at him, my face still leaning against the side and my arms still dangling down uselessly.

He winked at me in an exaggerated fashion before turning back to watch Yuuri.

The next jump he executed surprised me almost as much as the quad toe loop; a triple axel.

Aaahhhhhhh he was just so adorable and cute but also so talented and amazing at the same time that I couldn't keep it cool in front of him!

I watched in awe at the impressive height that he managed to achieve (I don't even think I could jump that high on an axel and skating's my career). It really confused me, how a skater this good never went professional.

He landed perfectly and held his landing for a solid few seconds before turning around and gliding closer to the edge at a slower pace.

"So, Victor," he began, sound bashful and somewhat nervous, "how was that? I-I know that y-you've probably seen far better b-but..."

I was quick to attempt to boost his ego.

"Yuuri, you were perfect! That was the most elegant triple axel I've seen in my entire career! Is it your favourite jump?"