Hangover

I woke up the next morning to Makkachin looming over me and whining away. Shit, I should probably let her into the garden before she pisses over the floor or my bed.

A quick glance at the clock had me groaning in frustration from the realisation that it was only half-six. While the list of reasons why having a dog was annoying was small, this sort of thing was definitely on it.

Sighing in defeat, I slowly sat up and swung my legs over the edge of the bed. My vision swam from exhaustion but I somehow still managed to pick myself up to open up the back door for my bundle of fuzz to leave.

With that done I was tempted just to lay back down again but I knew that I had a guest, who probably wouldn't be a very happy bunny once he woke up, so I made the more sensible decision to make breakfast instead.

If I tried to cook anything big or interesting, I'd probably create a miniature, nuclear disaster in the confines of my kitchen. Actually, make that a full-sized disaster.

It actually took me several minutes to decide what to have since I had almost no idea what he would eat.

Hmmm... Bacon. Yeah, I could manage bacon.

It was one of the very few things that I knew how to make without causing an apocalypse.

As I prepared the food I allowed my mind to wander slightly back to the night before. I was idiot, now that I thought about it, for not knowing about Klara and my sister. It hadn't exactly been the world's best-kept secret.

I could spend hours hoping that things would work out between them but it wouldn't change the pain that Klara was going through. She was hopelessly smitten, while Anya was hopping around from what's-his-face the baker, to no-one-knows-his-name the lawyer. Maybe Klara could've got over her had she been in a solid relationship but, heck, it wasn't even like my sister was even completely straight! She'd gone through eighteen boyfriends and four girlfriends from what I'd heard, meaning that Klara probably felt even worse about not seeming to make the cut.

Bringing myself back to the world of the living I quickly managed to finish up two bacon sandwiches and doused mine in ketchup (I would douse the other too but I think Yuuri should have a choice). I nibbled at one corner to test it and felt my entire being fill with pride at the realisation that I had actually made something edible without setting the kitchen ablaze. Actually... Forget about setting fire to the kitchen, it's a miracle I managed to make something edible full-stop.

Before I could get too excited however, I jumped suddenly at the sound of something hitting the floor in the other room. I instantly dropped what I was doing and ran through to the guest-room.

"Yuuri!"

The man in question was scrabbling around for his glasses in a pile of sheets on the carpet. I quickly handed them to him and scooped him up bridal style to place him on the bed again.

"Victor? Where am I?"

He was curled into a loose ball with his head in his hands as he took in his surroundings and winced at, what I could only assume was, the pain in his head.

Yup, he definitely seemed hungover.

I smiled gently before replying.

"You're in my guest-room; I couldn't drive you home last night in the dark. It was much too dangerous."

He let out a quiet groan that was quickly followed by an adorable whine. Awwww, why did he have to be so cute even when he was uncomfortable?

"Sorry, Victor," he said. "What actually happened last night? Please don't tell me Chris and I danced again!"