Potential

"I'm sorry I don't have anywhere more appealing to sit, but the katsudon should taste fine..."

It was fairly pleasant, sitting by a coffee table with two steaming bowls of food. I looked at Yuuri's bashful face with sympathy. The poor man didn't even have confidence in his own, delicious looking, cooking.

I'd have to change that.

"Don't worry about it, you have a comfy carpet and this just makes it less formal," I told him, practically glowing with excitement for the dish, "This was meant to be be my gift to you after all, but I guess now it's more like the other way around."

I took my first bite with a sense of anticipation, preparing to savour the taste, but my tastebuds apparently had a different idea.

'VKUSNO!!!!!'

The idea of savouring? That went completely out of the window within seconds! It was, quite possibly, the most delicious thing I'd ever tasted. If it wasn't for the ridiculous amount of calories in the dish then I'd probably be asking for it for every meal!

'OMG, SCREW PUTIN, I AM MARRYING THIS GUY AND HE WILL BE LOVED AND CHERISHED AND I WILL TREAT HIM LIKE A PRINCE AND HE CAN MAKE ME KATSUDON!!!!!!!!!!!!'

...

As you can see, any normal brain function, also, went directly out of the window.

Clearly he noticed my positive reaction as, by the time I looked up from the dish, he was practically glowing from ear to ear.

Awwww, he looked so cutttteeee! I was once again struck with the urge to eat him. I stopped myself, but barely.

A few seconds later I gave up staying quiet and began asking him questions, "So when did you first meet Chris?"

He seemed to smile slightly at the name.

"A few months ago actually, although it feels like a lot longer. He told me he was staying in St. Petersburg for a while and needed to take the classes to keep up with the lessons in Switzerland when he gets back. I'm not sure how much longer he'll be around for though, so it'll be sad to see my best student leave."

The last sentence sent a rush of cold air through my chest as the reminder hit that Yuuri probably had a lot of students, and that his life didn't revolve around my classes. Just how insignificant was I to him? What about me really made me any different to any of the other pupils he taught?

'No... He clearly knows who I am from skating... And I'm not exactly the most forgettable person in the world...'

As unforgettable as I may be, it still made me twinge with jealousy to hear him speak fondly of people other than myself.

"When did you move to Russia? Have you been here long?"

He looked up with a, once again, shy expression before opening his mouth to answer, "I moved here about nine months ago. I was finding it hard to teach what I teach in my hometown, since I've known pretty much everyone there since before I learnt to walk. Japan's quite conservative in reality, regardless of what the west portrays us to be."

"Don't you miss home though?" I asked, the question bugging me. He seemed kinda lonely for a man who moved out on his own accord. I could see the way he shifted his legs under the coffee table

He nodded, "Yeah, every day, but it's worth it to be able to breathe freely."

"But it's Russia, doesn't teaching a stereotypically female art-form make it harder to breathe?"

"Well look at you, you're a male figure skater, do you get any of that anymore?"

I shook my head, it was true, I hadn't had many of those comments in the past few years. Once I began receiving recognition my country just kind of decided to go with it.

That made me happy, but sad at the same time. Why should a person's career decision dictate whether or not they were considered "manly"? Why do people only make a fuss before you start winning gold and doing your country proud?

"Chris told me you skate as well."

He noticeably flushed as he tried to find an answer, "I u-uh-um... I do skate... But it's just a hobby! I've never competed higher than at a regional level before..."

My eyes shone with excitement at the realisation that I might be able skate with him at some point. My brain was already planning out programs that I could choreograph for him. I just needed to know what jumps he could do...

"What jumps can you land?"

He seemed to turn even redder before he answered, "I can land most of the triples and on a good day I've managed a quad or two..."

Wow... For someone that skated only for fun he could land some pretty big jumps. There are some lower level professionals that can't land quads, and he could do them just from casual training!

I still didn't know exactly what jumps he could land, but one thing was for sure.

He had a lot of potential.

A/N: It's finally done......... (Now I need sleep, I have school tomorrow). Sorry it took two weeks but it's out.

Also, OMG OVER 500 READS THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I started this thinking it'd get like 30 reads maybe, but I'm so happy with the response. Thank you so much :').

~Madie

Chapter completed: 23.1.17 (00:07AM)