Thank Chris

It was after class that same day when I asked Chris about the skates.

"Why didn't you tell me he's a skater?"

He pretended to look confused before I shot him an annoyed glance.

He sighed, "I guess it slipped my mind- oh don't give me that look- since we're in a pole dancing class and not at an ice rink."

"Chris, you're a professional figure skater, how the hell could you possibly forget about something like that just because you're not at an ice rink?"

I knew he was lying, I wasn't stupid. Chris may have almost as bad a memory as me, but even for him this was a new level of ridiculous.

"Fine, fine. I wanted you to find out on your own. I figured you'd do a bit of snooping around if you were interested and, surprise, clearly you're more than a little interested," he laughed, obviously happier about the whole ordeal than I was. He had a point though, I hadn't even know what I was looking for when I started searching.

Finding the skates was just luck, and the thought that he might skate had barely crossed my mind, so at the end of the day I really was just snooping around for my instructor's stuff.

Suddenly, Chris smiled in a way that could only mean one thing; he was planning something.

Shit.

His spontaneous excitement was nothing new to me, far from it actually, but it still came as a surprise for him to give me a quick peck on the cheek before making his way to the door to leave. It came as even more of a surprise to me that as he crossed the room he crossed paths with Yuuri he gave him an embrace and a light kiss as well; Yuuri didn't even look shocked.

Chris blew us both another kiss before waltzing out of the door, into the outside world.

Yuuri and I looked at each other in silence for a few seconds until he broke it with a question, "Has he always been like this?"

"Ever since he turned eighteen and could get away with it."

A moment passed in further silence, us just staring at each other in a "Chris-induced-surprise" (believe me, they're pretty common) before Yuuri did something unexpected.

He started to giggle.

Soon he was laughing with tears crawling into the corner of his eyes, and it was, quite frankly, the most beautiful sound I'd ever heard.

Before I knew it I was laughing too, even if I wasn't quite sure why. Maybe I was happy, maybe it was our shared confusion over Chris. I don't know, and honestly, I don't care. All that mattered in that moment was him and me.

... And his adorable laughter.

By the time we stopped laughing my cheeks hurt and my eyes were watery to the point of vision impairment. I hadn't laughed that hard in a long time, and considering that I don't know why we found it so funny, that's quite impressive. I breathed out heavily and smiled.

"So, Yuuri, do you want to come out to dinner with me tonight? Think of it as my gift to you for being such a great teacher."

His eyes widened slightly before he tried to reply, "I- Um... Um..."

He seemed to be flailing around a little, probably searching for an appropriate answer to give me.

"It's okay if you already have plans," I told him, trying to ease his sudden nerves a bit.

But he shook his head with a small smile, "No, I'd love to join you."

I couldn't help the heart-shaped smile quickly took to my lips in excitement. Maybe I would have to thank Chris for being a weirdo after all.

A/N: Okay, so that's a tad (okay, quite a bit) shorter than the previous chapters.

BUT I REALLY WANTED TO GET THIS OUT SO THAT I COULD THANK EVERYONE FOR 100 READS!!!!

I know that's like nothing in the grand scheme of things but it means the world to me when I only had 2 chapters up.

(I would really appreciate some comments though *puppy-dog eyes*)

I also wanted to update on the last day of 2016 so that I can wave it goodbye with a middle finger :).

Thank you people!

~Madie

Chapter completed: 31.12.16 (00:30AM)