Insignificance

As it turned out, I wouldn't be able to coach Yuuri as soon as I would have liked. When I asked him about it he explained that the next few weeks were out of the question due to his lesson schedule. It made sense, I mean, I had had to remind myself multiple times that Chris and I weren't his only students.

Apparently there was this new girl he'd been giving private lessons to and she'd practically booked him out for the next three weeks. It made me possessive, sure, but I had to remember that I don't own him and that the classes are what pays his bills.

Except I didn't want to remember that! I just wanted to steal him away never to be seen again by anyone but me!

...

Okay... that was a little excessive; if I had him I'd probably spend most of my time showing him off. Really though, I couldn't afford to become so jealous over such a typical thing. As much as I could pretend it did, his life didn't revolve around me (I'll go cry about it now).

In reality, I was probably one of twenty or so students. Damn, it made me feel so insignificant...

By the way things were going though, it seemed his existence would soon revolve around the life of Klara Veselovskaya.

How do I know her name you may ask? Well, she went to school with my younger sister, Anastasia; they're both about Yuuri's age.

From what I can remember, she was actually a lovely girl and I wouldn't wish any harm upon her, but I couldn't help but become excruciatingly jealous. Every minute she spent in that class, valuable minutes that I could be spending to woo the man of my dreams were being wasted.

Come to think of it, Yuuri did look awfully happy after classes with her. What was going on? Was she going to steal my Yuuri away from me? Nooooooooooooo!

Honestly, did Yuuri even like men in that way? I mean, I had automatically assumed that he did, he was giving off that vibe but that could've just been me generalising again. I like to think that my "gaydar" is pretty on point, but I can't allow myself to become too caught up with hope.

Oh, who am I trying to kid, if Yuuri isn't at least bi then I'm going to end up retiring and going bald from shock... I'm already worried about going bald now. Would Yuuri still want me if I was bald? (I'll go back into my corner and cry again now...)

I first ran into Klara again after offering Yuuri a lift home from the studio. She was laughing away with him about something I couldn't make out due to being so far away. It was only a moment before she noticed me standing beside my car.

"Victor?" she asked, surprise adorning her pale features.

"Klara, it's been a long time."

Her face broke out into a smile before she ran over to my "Barbie pink" convertible and wrapped her arms around my back in a tight hug.

"I haven't seen you since you left the Nikiforov Manor! Anya said you practically never call!"

This was true, I didn't call home very often. I don't really have much of an excuse for it either, so I'd end up lying through my teeth as per usual.

I smiled sheepishly before replying, "Sorry, I have been pretty busy."

"I don't think you've been too busy to call for five years straight," she laughed, "Or five years gay..."

Wait...

"You know?!" I spluttered.

I looked at her triumphant face in disbelief; how did she find out?

Her answer came with a tap on the nose, "Vitya, I think it would be more worrying if I didn't know, it's bloody obvious."

Okay, now I was panicking, we'd been speaking in English the entire time which meant that Yuuri had heard it.

That meant that if I'd completely misread him, and he wasn't going to react well, then I'd ruined everything by not speaking in my own mother tongue.

I looked over at him in fear, noticing his shocked face immediately. Oh God, I'd ruined it! Now I was going to get it! Now the disgust was going to start!

...

Except it didn't.

Yuuri just remained surprised.

Relief flooded over me as his cute cheeks just gained an adorable blush. Thank God, he wasn't homophobic.

Klara alerted me back to the situation by hugging me tightly once again.

"You really should call her more often. And your mum too; they both miss you a lot."

I nodded down at her with a smile. Calling my family should be more of a priority than I was making it. Maybe not as much of a priority as trying to get a piece of that Japanese ass (preferably the whole ass), but still a priority.

Releasing me from the hug and beginning to run out of sight, she cheerfully shouted back at me, "Don't be a stranger, 'kay! You should join Yuuri and I for dinner tonight!"

Almost as soon as she'd ran up to me the first time, she'd gone again. She'd always been like that, from as long as I'd known her; some things never change.

Yuuri smiled at me from where he was standing, his cheeks flushing up slightly once more. My heart rate soared as he put back on his glasses, which only complimented his slicked back hair.

"She's right, you should join us, I'll text you the address," he said, before quickly adding, "O-only if you w-want to!"

I laughed a little at his nerves, finding it quite endearing. I always found him cute, regardless of what he was doing.

"I'd love to come. Dinner with you the other night was probably the most fun I've had in a while, and Klara and I have a lot of catching up to do," I reassured him, trying to ease his nerves with a smile.

...

Of course, my smile only made him become more flustered. You'd think I would've learnt by this point that smiling wasn't going to work as a nerve-reliever.

I held the door of my convertible open for him to climb in before getting back in myself and adjusting the wing mirrors. With both our seat belts fastened, we were ready to go.

Before I started the engine, I took one glance back over at the Japanese man next to me. Even if I would potentially have Klara as a rival now, I at least found comfort in the knowledge that Yuuri didn't feel disgusted by my sexuality. It was only small, but it made me feel just that little but closer to him than I had done before.

A/N: And finally finished... It's slightly longer than the previous chapters to try and make up for the wait.

Anyway...

THANK YOU FOR 2K READS!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW!

What do you guys think of Klara? I have many plans for her, and they're almost definitely not what you're thinking. I think you're going to like her quite a lot later on XD.

Also, I gave Victor a sister named Anastasia (she's the Anya that Klara was talking about, not Georgi's ex). Don't worry, she is relevant. I haven't just added a "name only" background character for the sake of it (I get annoyed when I see other authors do that '^~^).

I have two injections on Tuesday... I have a fear of needles :(.

I hope you guys are having a good week and if you're not then I'll be here if you want to talk :).

~Madie x

Chapter completed: 26.2.17 (23:49PM)