Pork Cutlet Bowls

'Fuck!'

I soon found myself mentally cursing as I called up practically every restaurant in St. Petersburg, trying to make reservations but failing every single time.

"Sorry, we're completely booked."

How many times had I heard that sentence within the past half-hour? Oh yeah, FIFTEEN!

It took all of my inner strength not to slam the phone down into the cradle, reminding myself that it wasn't my phone and that Yuuri wouldn't appreciate having to pay for a new one because of my idiocy.

"Victor?"

I turned my head to where Yuuri was standing, trying not to grit my teeth in frustration. He had come back from the showers with damp hair outlining his face, the gel having been washed out and down the drains. A towel was still draped across his shoulders, despite the fact that he was fully clothed; he looked adorable. To be completely honest, my anger and frustration melted almost immediately at the sight and I had to remind myself of the reasons why I couldn't eat him up.

...

There are a lot of reasons why I shouldn't eat him up.

...

What are they again?

...

Oh yeah! I am not a cannibal and if I eat him then I'll never see his cute face again! Those are totally the only moral reasons not to eat your crush!

...

Anyway, I opened my mouth to reply to Yuuri, attempting not to sound too much like an annoyed, pouty child. I failed.

Although, maybe that's what helped me to get my message across (that I really, really wanted to have dinner with him) and it's probably the reason he made a proposition.

"If you'd like you can come over and I'll cook us up something..."

I could tell that he was nervous, for what reason I had no idea, and that he was practically biting his own tongue waiting for an answer.

'Hmm, so he's offering to let you come over to his home and is going to make you dinner like a housewife... If this was a movie then this would totally be going in that direc- VICTOR, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!'

(In case you haven't figured it out by this point, I have a bit of a habit of talking to myself in the third person.)

This was not the time for inappropriate thoughts... Who am I kidding, my thoughts don't care what time it is- VICTOR! FOCUS!

I nodded at him excitedly, my smile taking on its signature, heart-shaped appearance. I was finally going to have a chance to talk to him. Alone. In his home. (Victor, for God's sake, get your mind out of the gutter...)

I could barely contain my excitement as he drove me over. In fact, I didn't contain my excitement. I kept asking him questions about what sort of place he had, what he would be cooking us, where did he learn to pole dance, etc... We had arrived before I stopped asking questions, none of which had been answered due to him having to keep his attention on the road.

"Well, we're here..."

He trailed off, seemingly embarrassed by the sight of his own small apartment. A moment of understanding swept through me, he was afraid my opinion of him would change if I saw where he was living, in a not-quite-so-ideal area. I suddenly felt an urge to hug him tightly, to smother him in a warm embrace, to tell him that I didn't care what his apartment looked like, that it didn't change who he was as a person... I almost did. I almost hugged him and began whispering in his ear.

I was in so deep...

The inside of the apartment looked decent enough. Clearly he knew a thing or two about how to take care of his living space, information I severely lacked in. Seriously, this guy was building what was most likely an IKEA bookcase, probably by himself, and I can't even make a sandwich without hurting something (usually myself).

Soon enough (it had actually been 45 minutes), he walked over to the coffee table I was sat next to with two bowls of something that looked, and smelled, absolutely divine.

Two pork cutlet bowls (or Katsudon) were laid down in front of me.

Suddenly, the nickname seemed to make so much more sense.

A/N: Well that just happened... As I was writing this I noticed just how bad my pacing usually is in everything. What happened in this chapter, with him wanting to take him to dinner, was originally going to be in chapter 2... Yeah. Chapter 2. Although that chapter was meant to be a lot longer I'm a lot happier with how this has panned out now XD. Even next chapter's events were meant to be in chapter 2 and if that doesn't say anything about my pacing then I don't know what does.

Anyway, I'm so happy this has ALMOST 250 READS!!!!!!!!!!!!! For a person like me, with no talent at all, that feels incredible :'D.

So, what do you think of Victor talking to himself? Can anyone relate? 'Cause I sure can XD!

Thank you so much regardless of who you are reading this <3

~Madie x

Chapter Completed: 8.1.17 (00:06AM)