Chapter 17

Another Christmas had come and gone. I got a lot of amazing gifts, as did Neville. One of the outfits I got is what I'm wearing today.

We've been back at school for about a month now

We've been back at school for about a month now. Today there is a Quidditch match against Revenclaw. The guys are all hanging out before the game and I'm with Hermione in the library trying to find out more about the Chamber of Secrets.

The Professor's don't know much about it, just that it was home to a monster. This lead Hermione and I to doing a lot of extra research outside of classes.

For precautions, Hermione and I had brought mirrors to look around corners. Just because I'm a half blood doesn't mean I won't get petrified. Salazar Slytherin hated anyone who wasn't a pureblood.

I skim the shelves when something catches my eye. In between two books is a loose piece of parchment. "Hey Mione! Come look at this." I say as I pull out the parchment.

She comes over and looks at it over my shoulder. She gasps. "That's it! It's a basilisk!" I nod. "That must be the monster Professor McGonagall was talking about! Hermione, how is it getting around though? Surely someone would have seen a humungous snake slithering around." That question makes her stumped.

After a moment she snaps her fingers and grabs a quill out of her bag. I hand her the parchment and she flips it over. On the back she scribbles one word. Pipes. I nod in understanding.

"That explains why everyone keeps getting petrified, no one has looked directly at it! Everyone that has been petrified has had some sort of reflective surface around them or with them!" I tell Hermione. She nods at this.

Hermione takes the parchment she wrote on and crumples it in her hand before we both grab our hand mirrors to look around the corner. We stick out mirrors out first and look into them. In both mirrors are a set of glowing yellow eyes. Next thing I know, our mirrors go to the ground, both of us going down with them.

~~Neville's POV~~

Seamus, Dean, Rigel, Ron and I are walking down to the Quidditch field when Professor McGonagall and Harry walk up to us. "Boys, the game has been canceled. I think you had better follow me." The six of us all look at each other confused, but nonetheless we follow Professor McGonagall.

She leads us through the castle and stops when we get to the hospital wing. I gulp down the bad feeling that sprung up in my stomach as she looks down at us all. "This may come as a shock to you." She says with a sigh. With those words, McGonagall pushes open the door and leads us in.

We walk over to the petrified students and see two new people side by side in two beds. "Hermione! Joesy!" The six of us cry. Harry and Ron go to Hermione's bed while Seamus, Rigel, Dean and I go to Joesy's. I brush back Joesy's blonde hair and kiss her cold forehead. My eyes start tearing up as I grab ahold of her hand.

"They were found in the library with these. Do they mean anything to any of you?" Professor McGonagall asks, holding up two hand mirrors. I look at them and immediately recognize Joesy's.

"The one that Joesy had was her mums." I say softly. McGonagall nods and hands me the mirror. I set it down beside Joesy and sigh. My girlfriend has been petrified. The princess of Hogwarts has been petrified.

After and hour and a half of sitting with the girls, Madam Pomfrey gives us a sad look but tells us that we have to leave. The six of us trudge out of the infirmary and up to the Gryffindor and Royal common rooms. I tell the boys that I'll see them at dinner before whispering the password and going inside.

I head up to my room and grab parchment and a quill before sitting at my desk.

Remus,
It must be strange to hear from me and not Joscylene but I'm afraid that you won't be able to talk to her for a bit. There was another attack today. Joesy and Hermione were petrified in the library today. Thought you outta know.
Neville

I fold the letter and put it in an envelope before whistling for Lily. She comes flying to my window and I give her the letter. "Please give it to Remus." I tell her softly.

She hoots and flies away. Not knowing what else to do, I grab the scrap book Joesy had given me for Christmas. On the cover page is a picture of her and I. It was when we first started dating. Leafing through it, some pictures catch my eye.

Ones of Joesy smiling at the camera, ones of us together and a certain one that I didn't know was taken. Someone had taken a picture of Joesy and I kissing and that was the one the Joesy had put it the heart of the album.

That specific picture is on its own page. Joesy wrote a note underneath it as well.

My Dearest Neville,
I hope you love this scrap book as much as I do. We may not have been together to awfully long but I have enjoyed every minute of it. You are the light of my life. My prince.
I love you,
Joscylene Cassandra Lupin

She loves me. My princess loves me. I smile and close the scrap book. I go out of my room and over to the Gryffindor/Royal portrait.

After saying the password, I walk in and see the five guys sprawled out on the couch and chairs. They look up at me when I step in front of the fire place. "You guys ready to head down to dinner?" I ask. They all nod and follow me out the portrait hole.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello loves. Please comment and vote.
Love you all, Potterhead0227