Chapter 7

I froze for a second, wondering why Ryan sent someone to come and get me. Usually, Ryan would come to me or mind link me. The mind link Ryan had a witch create between me and the pack helped me communicate to the pack any time I needed to. Ryan would usually mind link me if he needed to see me.

Since he didn't, it made me worried. Did I do something wrong? Did someone report something I did to him?

I tried to think of anything I did wrong in the past week, but I couldn't think of anything. I mean I did pull a lot of pranks on Ryan and Evan, but I didn't think that would earn a punishment.

I dismissed the pack member, telling him I could take it from here. I started walking to the pack house. As I passed by Evan and Victor, they shot me concerned looks also knowing this wasn't normal for Ryan to send someone to get me. I simply ignored their looks, walking past them without a glance their way.

I arrived at the pack house within five minutes. I reached Ryan's door to his office and paused. I didn't know what to do. Usually, I barged into his office, but since he didn't use our normal routine I didn't know how to proceed.

Do I knock and wait for him to say 'come in'? Or do I just barge into his office like I normally did?

I didn't get a chance to decide because Ryan yelled a 'come in'. I took a deep breath, nervous about what would happen. I shook my head. There wasn't anything to be nervous about; this was Ryan we were talking about. So, I wiped the nervousness off my face and opened the door.

I didn't know what to expect, maybe his office trashed or something. But when I saw his office the same way it was yesterday, I let out a sigh of relief. Ryan was facing the door when I came in, and when I sighed he let out a chuckle.

"What the hell Kat! Did you expect me to kill you or something?" Ryan exclaimed still laughing at me.

I just shrugged my shoulders, "I didn't know what to expect. I mean you went out of your way to send a messenger to come and get me."

"I just needed a little more time to think..." he trailed off, making me more nervous than I was before. Ryan and I were like family. We told each other everything and we didn't keep secrets from one another.

If something would cause Ryan to hesitate in telling me. Then I didn't know if I wanted to know what he was going to say. But as a head warrior of this pack, it was my duty to know what was going on in and outside of the pack. He continued to hesitate, which pissed me off.

He needed to tell me and him not telling me meant he couldn't trust me which made me angry. I needed the alpha to trust me or I couldn't do my job in protecting the pack with him.

"Ryan I'm giving you about five seconds to tell me what it is or I swear you can find yourself someone else to be the head warrior."

That caused him to break out of the fog he was in. He knew that I was telling the truth. He and I knew that I was the best warrior, and he wouldn't be able to find someone who was better to help led his pack in a war.

"Kat you first need to understand that as Alpha it's my duty to help other packs who are our allies." He stated this as if I didn't already know that. We helped other packs in their time of need so when it came time for our pack to go to war, then they would have to help us.

I stared at him with a look of 'do you think I'm stupid'. I was about to ask him to hurry the fuck up with his little speech. But just as I opened my mouth, he continued causing me to shut up.

"So one of the packs we are allies with requested our help. They are having trouble fighting a large number of rogues near their pack border."

"Okay, when are we leaving?" I asked bored.

He was nervous to tell me this. It has been a while since we got involved in another pack's business and I had been itching to fight someone who wasn't in our pack.

"It's not that simple," he paused.

Ryan looked as if he was struggling to find words, "I have a duty to help them and I know you would like to be a part of that group that goes there to assist them with their problem. I just don't think you should go this time."

I stood up quickly which caused my chair to knock over, but I didn't care because I was furious.

I glared at Ryan, "You can't tell me I'm not going. I am going whether you like it or not! You and I both know I'm the best warrior here, other than you. I would understand if our pack was in danger and I was needed here to protect them, but our pack is perfectly safe!"

He got up and growled letting me know his wolf was present. His wolf was not taking it well that someone was questioning him, the alpha.

"Sit your ass down warrior," Ryan said calmly.

I immediately grabbed the chair that had fallen and took a seat. He only called me by my title if I had seriously pissed him off.

I bowed my head and bared my neck. I knew that was the only way to calm him down since I wasn't his mate. He needed to see that he was in power. Once he saw me submitting to him, he calmed down. He took a seat again and faced me.

"I was going to sugar coat it and bring it up slowly. But since you think you know everything and think you know best, that's not gonna happen this time."

Ryan took a deep breath and said in a cautious tone, "The pack we are helping is the Blood Moon Pack."