Chapter 17

I smacked Ryan's arm trying to get him to shut up for a second. He had been talking my ear off since he had finished his fight. Everyone could hear him but he didn't care. All he wanted to do was to annoy Ace, and it was working. It all started this morning.

After Ryan had showered after I had used him as a bounce house to wake him up, he had finished changing so we could finally leave to go train. We noticed that we had gotten there way later than we had originally thought because the pack members had already finished their warm-up of running three laps around the pack's territory.

Evan was talking to Ace's pack about the training they were going to go through. While Evan was talking, Ace was talking loudly to his beta totally disregarding everything that Evan was saying. When I saw this I knew shit was about to go down.

Ryan only confirmed my thought when I heard a low growl escape from him. Ryan and I were thinking the same thing. Even though Ace was the Alpha of this pack, he should still show respect to a beta that was talking. Ace's behavior showed how much work needed to be done in this pack.

Alphas were supposed to lead their pack through their actions, but the way Ace was leading his pack was wrong. His leadership would only lead the pack into a path of self-destruction.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw Ryan's fists start to clench and his knuckles start to turn white the more he had to watch his beta being disrespected. I knew I had to do something before Ryan made a huge scene. I knew that was the last thing we needed right now.

Causing a scene would only cause the training to be delayed. That would mean we would have to be here longer and I would not be able to leave as soon as possible, to get away from Ace as soon as possible.

I didn't want any drama to start between Ryan's pack and Ace's. There was already enough hatred between the two packs to last a lifetime, we might as well not add a couple more lifetimes to that count.

With that thought in mind, I looked around trying to find something or someone I could use to distract Ryan from his rage, and to also help Evan get the respect he deserved while speaking to everyone.

I looked around at the pack and the land of the training field, but I couldn't find anything distracting enough. That was until I caught sight of Ben and James standing to the side of the field. Fighting to keep the grin off my face I nudged Ryan, whispering into his ear that I would be right back. I left before I could hear his reply, but I didn't think he was listening. He was still pissed off at Ace, and his body began to tremble as his wolf fought him for control.

When I turned away from Ryan with my plan in mind I started to stalk towards the twins. When I had a plan, it was like I got tunnel vision. All I saw was the end goal and no one would stop me from completing it, no one could stand in my way.

That was why when I was making my way to Ben and James, I didn't even notice that I was shoving people out of my way in order to get to them. I didn't even realize that I was bringing attention to myself.

I finally made it out of that crowd or should I say a pack of dogs. Sometimes I'm too funny for my own good. Anyway, I finally reach the twins and I locked eyes with James.

As soon as James saw me, he knew I was up to no good. So he nudged Ben, grabbing his attention. I could see Ben was about to brush off James until he caught sight of me and he made the connection.

Walking until I was right in front of the twins, I stopped and told them the plan. As soon as I finished telling them the plan, they nodded and went off to do their separate parts assigned to them. The pack only made the plan easier because they were in a crowd formed like a square.

I watched as Ben and James made their way to their sides of the crowd. As soon as they were in the position they looked my way and they both gave me the thumbs up signal letting me know they were ready and waiting for my next order.

I quickly made my way to my side of the crowd. I took my position and nodded to the twins letting them know that the next step of the plan was a go. I watched them to make sure they went along with the plan. When I saw them turn to the closest person beside them, I continued with my part.

I whispered into one of Ace's pack member's ear and then she turned to another person and whispered the same message to that person. One by one everyone spread the message until everyone knew.

Ben, James, and I smirked at each other knowing that it was time for the final step in my amazing plan to humiliate Ace and let Ryan get all his anger out on someone. I was the first person who started the chant.

I stepped back and jumped on the huge rock behind me. Evan saw my action and stopped talking. He slowly shook his head knowing I was up to no good, but like the good friend he was, he let me continue with my game.

So I happily continued with my plan and screamed out so everyone could hear me, "Everyone listen up!"

When everyone's attention was on me and they all quieted down I started again. Waving my arms around I spoke, "We are here to train this pack and what have I seen."

I waited for a moment letting the suspense play out for a moment, "I haven't seen anything good. Your alpha..." I pointed to Ace.

"Is a piece of crap," I was interrupted by Ace's growl.

I shushed him, "Oh shush up. Stop being a little baby or should I say....stop acting like a pup."

I heard a few chuckles and I bowed, "Thank you, now back to the matter at hand...."

I gestured to everyone, "Your pack needs a lot of work and that can only happen if you have a strong alpha to lead you and right now you don't."

I jumped off the rock and started to walk through the crowd towards Ace. The crowd parted as I walked through making room for me. I continued to walk to Ace until I was directly beside him and once I was, I stared him straight in the eyes.

I spoke so everyone could hear me but the message was only for Ace, "You don't have a strong pack because you don't have a strong Alpha. You have a weak Alpha."

Once I said that I shifted so I could stand right beside Ace, "In order to make your pack stronger we need to first work on your alpha. So in order to do that Ace has to know his disadvantages and learn to respect those who are beneath him and especially those above him. Ace needs to learn to be humble and brave. An alpha needs to be able to back up his bark with a bite. Finally, he needs to be able to know when to talk and when to shut up in order to listen and learn."

I gestured towards Ace, "And right now he doesn't know when to shut up."

At that statement, I heard someone in the crowd chuckle and I turned to see it was Ryan. I smirked at him then turned away from the crowd and jumped onto the raised platform in the center of the field meant for fights.

I watched as Ryan came closer with a Cheshire grin on his face. He finally caught on to my plan, "He needs to realize that to be able to be an ass to people you have to be able to back it up with your fists. The only way he would be able to do that is through a fight."

Ben and James began to chant the word "FIGHT!" and soon everyone joined in with them. I looked at Ace then at Ryan, "Well the crowd has expressed their wants. Let's see who is the true alpha here."

I jumped off the stage and turned to Ace wanting to see his reaction to my words and his packs actions. His face showed nothing, but his eyes showed his true feelings, just like they always did. In his eyes, he showed that he was worried about this fight. He knew, just like my pack knew, that he was going to lose this fight and his ego would be damaged.

The thing the chanting crowd didn't know, but everyone else did was that there was already a winner for this fight before the fight had even begun. We knew who the true alpha was and it wasn't Ace.

I smirked at the crowd, "Now let's see if Ace's bark has any bite."