Chapter 18

My plan had worked and as expected the winner of the fight was Ryan. After being half beaten to death, Ace had a permanent scowl on his black and blue face.

Ryan had gone easy on Ace but he still had to get rid of his anger somehow so messing up Ace's face was a win-win situation. Ace didn't receive any broken bones and Ryan was in a better mood than he was in before the fight.

In order for Ace to be able to heal his wounded ego, he had walked back on the platform after the fight and had been rambling off about training. He was telling everyone about how Ryan's pack trained and how they had prepared everyone for any future conflicts or wars.

That was where the whole talking my ear off situation had come from. Ever since Ryan had a better mood after winning the fight, he didn't even want to listen to anything Ace was saying. To not hear what Ace was saying, he was talking to me about anything.

I was getting annoyed with Ryan and all the talking. At first, I knew he only started talking because he was bored but when he saw Ace getting annoyed, he started to talk more and louder just to annoy Ace.

I swear I almost hit both of them. They were acting like children, not the alphas they were, one with a bruised ego and the other playing childish games. Although, he was sexy playing them.

I had no idea how I got here. I swear I was the most mature one here and I'm almost five years younger than both alphas and two years younger than the twins. I had to act like the adult in any situation when I'm only twenty-five.

I had to deal with two grown adult alpha werewolves. A normal human girl should be out partying not helping a pack prepare for rogue attacks.

As I stared at the immature Alpha and my Ryan, I thought about how lucky I was to have met him. It was hard for me to accept all of this world, it felt like a fantasy. That was what most of the werewolves here didn't understand. This wasn't normal for me.

I turned to watch all the werewolves begin their individual training. This wasn't the world I was born in, unlike them, this world wasn't made for me.

I just happened to have been fated to enter their world that no one gave me permission to enter. That was one of the things that I was so conflicted about when I had first entered Ryan's pack, after the nasty rejection from Ace.

I struggled to accept that I had a purpose in the werewolf world. That I wasn't just some human girl who was wrongly chosen to be the mate of an alpha. That was why I was so thankful to have met Ryan.

He helped me understand that this was the world I was supposed to be in. That being in the human world, away from wolves, wasn't the life that I was destined to live in.

Ryan told me that I had the spirit of a wolf and that I was mistakenly born in the human world. He once said the moon goddess had realized that she had made a mistake by placing me in the body of a human so she made my mate a werewolf to fix the mistake that she had made. I was meant to be here and I was meant to be the moon goddess' warrior.

With Ryan's words, I was able to finally accept myself and my new future. Without him, I would have gone back to a normal human life and lived a life that I wasn't meant to live and a life that I didn't want to live.

I needed to be a part of the fight, not someone who was protected from it and shielded like a baby who needed protection. Ryan had saved me from becoming a person that I would have come to hate in the future.

As if Ryan could hear my thoughts, he stopped talking and put his arm around me pulling me into him. I wrapped my arms around his waist and snuggled into his warmth. He just chuckled and held me tighter.